Tag: Center For Rebuilding Sustainable Communities After Disasters
- UMass Boston to Host July Conference on Rebuilding Afghanistan
CRSCAD to host international conference “Rebuilding Sustainable Communities in Afghanistan: The Way Forward" on July 27.
- Courses in Global Post-Disaster Studies Serve Wide Range of Students
Students in the new master’s degree program in urban planning and community development can enroll in three of CRSCAD’s courses.
- Cambridge Scholars Publishing Showcases CRSCAD Series as Feature Books
Rebuilding Sustainable Communities after Disasters book series selected for inaugural feature in publisher's advertising campaign.
- Post-Disaster Reconstruction Expert Delivers Major Papers at International Symposia in S. America
McCormack Grad School's Adenrele Awotona presents his research in Chile and Colombia.
- UMass Boston Professor Co-Chairs International Conference in Switzerland on Disaster Risk Management
Held in Davos, Switzerland, the fifth annual conference focused on the theme of "Integrative Risk Management: The Role of Science, Technology, and Practice."
- UMass Boston’s Conference on Disaster Management Highlights Haiti
A panelist at the Center for Rebuilding Sustainable Communities after Disasters conference says in Haiti, “risk is hyper-localized and deeply personal.”
- UMass Boston Hosts International Conference on Disaster Preparedness and Response
Center for Rebuilding Sustainable Communities after Disasters event features keynote speakers and panelists from across the globe.
- UMass Boston Professor Delivers Address on Poverty Reduction at Somerville MLK Day Celebration
CRSCAD Director Adenrele Awotona explores the close relationship between poverty and disasters.
- Post-Earthquake New Zealand, From “New Normal” to Sustainable Future
Emergency manager and business continuity planner Esther Newman shares stories of New Zealand's post-earthquake recovery and restoration at UMass Boston.
- UMass Boston Teams with DelValle Institute to Offer Emergency Management Programs
The University of Massachusetts Boston is introducing two new certificate programs in emergency management through University College.
- Disaster Mitigation, Preparedness, Response and Sustainable Reconstruction International Conference
May 2014 international workshop explores the role of architectural, planning, and engineering education