Tag: Center For Rebuilding Sustainable Communities After Disasters
- Conference Examines “The Way Forward” for Afghanistan
On Monday, UMass Boston hosted ambassadors, advocates, architects, engineers, planners, and other experts for the 2015 Center for Rebuilding Sustainable Communities after Disasters (CRSCAD) conference: “Rebuilding Sustainable Communities in Afghanistan: The Way Forward.”
- UMass Boston to Host July Conference on Rebuilding Afghanistan
CRSCAD to host international conference “Rebuilding Sustainable Communities in Afghanistan: The Way Forward" on July 27.
- Courses in Global Post-Disaster Studies Serve Wide Range of Students
Students in the new master’s degree program in urban planning and community development can enroll in three of CRSCAD’s courses.
- Cambridge Scholars Publishing Showcases CRSCAD Series as Feature Books
Rebuilding Sustainable Communities after Disasters book series selected for inaugural feature in publisher's advertising campaign.
- Post-Disaster Reconstruction Expert Delivers Major Papers at International Symposia in S. America
McCormack Grad School's Adenrele Awotona presents his research in Chile and Colombia.
- UMass Boston Professor Co-Chairs International Conference in Switzerland on Disaster Risk Management
Held in Davos, Switzerland, the fifth annual conference focused on the theme of "Integrative Risk Management: The Role of Science, Technology, and Practice."
- UMass Boston’s Conference on Disaster Management Highlights Haiti
A panelist at the Center for Rebuilding Sustainable Communities after Disasters conference says in Haiti, “risk is hyper-localized and deeply personal.”
- UMass Boston Hosts International Conference on Disaster Preparedness and Response
Center for Rebuilding Sustainable Communities after Disasters event features keynote speakers and panelists from across the globe.
- UMass Boston Professor Delivers Address on Poverty Reduction at Somerville MLK Day Celebration
CRSCAD Director Adenrele Awotona explores the close relationship between poverty and disasters.
- Post-Earthquake New Zealand, From “New Normal” to Sustainable Future
Emergency manager and business continuity planner Esther Newman shares stories of New Zealand's post-earthquake recovery and restoration at UMass Boston.
- UMass Boston Teams with DelValle Institute to Offer Emergency Management Programs
The University of Massachusetts Boston is introducing two new certificate programs in emergency management through University College.
- Disaster Mitigation, Preparedness, Response and Sustainable Reconstruction International Conference
May 2014 international workshop explores the role of architectural, planning, and engineering education