Tag: Center For Social Policy
- Center for Social Policy Welcomes New Werby Interns
Elizabeth Moniz and Sylvia Singleton will research school preparedness and family self-sufficiency.
- UMass Boston Hires Expert on Workforce Innovation to Lead Center for Social Policy
Susan Crandall joins the McCormack Graduate School of Policy and Global Studies on July 1.
- Valuing Women’s Paid Care Work: From Research to Public Policy in Massachusetts
The Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy is pleased to host its 33rd Women’s Research Forum.
- Center for Social Policy Heads Research to Get MA Homeless “On Solid Ground”
McCormack research team suggests policies to reduce homelessness and improve family financial security.
- CANCELLED Interpreting Numbers: Qualitative Analysis of Quantitative Data
CANCELLED: Professor Deborah Stone is ill and this event will be rescheduled for the fall.
- New Leadership at Center for Social Policy
Arthur MacEwan takes on interim position as search committee seeks to replace Director Donna Haig Friedman
- UMass Boston Research Assistant Plans Local World AIDS Day Event
Julia Tripp designed the local event, invited roundtable participants, raised funds, and auditioned actors for the play she wrote.
- Center for Social Policy Co-Hosts Conference on Poverty in Massachusetts
The symposium examined current economic trends, causes of poverty and inequality, and strategies that have helped millions of poor people.
- Center for Social Policy to Study Health Impact of Boston’s Living Wage Ordinance
Partnering with the Boston Health Commission, CSP researchers will assess current impacts and examine the health consequences of a proposed expansion of the law.
- Brown Bag Lunch: Organizing for Transformative Change in Appalacia and the South
Lunch and learn with Pam McMichael, executive director of the Highlander Research and Education Center.
- Joining Together: Ending Poverty Now
An event to raise awareness, provide opportunity, & inspire action in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the passage of the Economic Opportunity Act
- McCormack Conference on Poverty Policies: The Role of Shaming
The Center for Social Policy explores the poverty and shame nexus in policy context.
- UMass Boston Fellow Named Director of the Office of National AIDS Policy
Douglas M. Brooks leave the Center for Social Policy to assume new position in Washington, D.C.
- More American Breadwinners are Low-wage Workers
Randy Albelda and Michael Can pen new study on low-wage and low-income workers.
- Building Uganda University’s Institutional Capacity: Research Reflections
Center for Social Policy associate monitors and evaluates Swedish investments in doctoral education and research programs.
- The Odds Are Stacked Against You: Center for Social Policy Advisors on Shame and Discrimination
Center for Social Policy constituent advisers produce video for United Nations and dialogue with Oxford scholar on the biases of being poor.
- Two McCormack Housing Experts Named to Mayor-Elect Walsh’s Transition Team
Center for Social Policy director and senior fellow will advise new mayor on solutions to homelessness in Boston.
- Walking the Talk, McCormack Grad School Holiday Service Project Helps Homeless
McCormack faculty, staff, students and alums seek gift donations for Homes for Families and Project Hope.
- UMass Boston Conference Explores Family Homelessness in Massachusetts
McCormack Grad School's Center for Social Policy and Homes for Families reflects on three decades of family homelessness.
- Center for Social Policy Hosts “Working Together for a World without Discrimination”
McCormack's policy center explores discrimination faced by those in poverty and pathways out of such exclusion.
- Françoise Carré Wins Prestigious Paper Award
Center for Social Policy researcher earns prize for cross-national research on food retailers in France and U.S.
- Working Together for a World Without Discrimination
A Merging Knowledge event sponsored by the Center for Social Policy and Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement
- UMass Boston Hosts Conference on Homelessness Intervention in Massachusetts
Center for Social Policy will commemorate the 30th anniversary of the establishment of the state's shelter system.
- UMass Boston Poverty Experts Speak at UN Conference
Center for Social Policy director and constituent activists weigh in on UN Millennium Development Goals.
- Conference: Looking Forward to the Journey’s End: 30 Years of Family Homelessness in Massachusetts
McCormack Grad School's Center for Social Policy partners with Homes for Families to host oncampus conference
- New UMass Boston Study Encouraging about Diversity of State Workforce
Commonwealth Compact releases Managing Up: Managing Diversity in Challenges Times, its third Benchmark Diversity Survey.
- UMass Boston’s Policy School Showcases Community Partnerships
At recent UMass Boston event, McCormack Grad School showcases their community engagement activities.
- Breaking the Silence of Extreme Poverty: Katrina Survivors Share their Stories
Center for Social Policy book launch for Not Meant to Live Like This: Weathering the Storm of Our Lives in New Orleans
- Women and Hunger: Putting Food on the Table
Center for Women in Politics and Center for Social Policy support event at Simmons College featuring Professor Randy Albelda as guest speaker.
- CSP Offers New Internship for Research and Evaluation on Eradication of Poverty
Center for Social Policy launches Elaine Werby Public Service Internship for UMass Boston student interested in poverty reduction.
- CSP Study Suggests Employers Find Distinct Value in Meeting Labor Needs through Alternative Staffing
Center for Social Policy issues final report on Alternate Staffing Demonstration Project
- MGS Poverty Policy Experts to Speak at Carter Center on Post-Katrina Disaster Relief Issues
Friedman and Tripp will deliver keynote address on constituent involvement at "Not Meant to Live Like This" conference
- CSP Study Highlights Strategies for Linking Temporary Workers with Skills Training
A new paper suggests that an alternative model of temporary staffing programs not only helps workers obtain jobs, but also offers them important pathways to gaining the skills that employers are seeking.
- Public Service Internship Named in Honor of Elaine Werby
Center for Social Policy honors colleague for untiring commitment to mentor students
- Center for Social Policy Celebrates Anniversary Honoring Leaders for Economic and Social Justice
UMass Boston social policy think tank celebrates twenty years of poverty policy research and evaluation
- Commissioned Research Informs Eos Foundation’s Forthcoming Anti-hunger Initiative
MGS Center for Social Policy researches participation in breakfast and school lunch in Massachusetts.
- Center for Social Policy Honors Julia Tripp: From Homeless to Poverty Policy Advisor
Constituent Advisory Group Coordinator helps give voice to those living in poverty and recognizes its transformative power.
- U.S. Rep. Frank to be Honored at Center for Social Policy Gala
University of Massachusetts Boston Think Tank Celebrating 20th Anniversary
- Employment Outcomes, Impacts of Alternative Staffing Programs Detailed in New CSP Research
Center for Social Policy assesses employment outcomes for participants of four Alternative Staffing Organizations
- New Research Observes Trends in Hour Levels for Retail Workers in North America
New Center for Social Policy Study: Variable and part-time work hours mean low job quality for U.S retail workers
- Center for Social Policy Plans 20th Anniversary: Honoring Leaders in Economic and Social Justice
Fundraiser and celebration scheduled for October 17, 2012
- Center for Social Policy 20th Anniversary Celebration
Join us to celebrate two decades of applied people-centered research honing the tools to fight poverty and its consequences
- CSP Research Director Françoise Carré Invited to Join GESTES
Responsibilities to include academic review and advice for research projects and conferences
- Hendrik Wagenaar: “Understanding Prostitution Policy”
The Center for Social Policy is sponsoring this event, along with the McCormack Graduate School, the Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy, and the Gerontology Institute.
- Professor Randy Albelda Receives Ford Foundation Grant
Professor Albelda receives grant to research linking youth development with parents’ low-wage work
- Center for Social Policy Takes on Role in Fairmount Corridor Improvements
The Boston Foundation has awarded the Center for Social Policy a $500,000 grant for their watchdog project, “People and Place: Understanding the Processes, Outc
- Center for Social Policy Rewriting Boston Anti-Poverty Strategy
As part of a five-year partnership, the Boston Foundation awarded the CSP an annual $100,000 grant to identify policies that keep low-income workers in poverty.