Tag: Center For Survey Research
- Creative Economy Initiatives Fund Supports Local Artists, History, Africa
UMass Boston faculty and staff have received a combined $102,350 from UMass President Marty Meehan’s office and the Creative Economy Initiatives Fund. Projects include a hip-hop oral history project and survey of Boston residents.
- Survey of Boston Neighborhoods Reveals Life Before and After Marathon Bombing
A new study that sheds light on how residents felt about their neighborhoods before and after the attack.
- U54 Research Methods Seminar Series: March 2014
Join us for our upcoming seminar, "Non-verbal response card for asking sensitive questions" by our guest speaker, Megan Klein Hattori, PhD, Asst. Professor of Sociology, UMass Boston
- Jack Fowler Receives Highest Award for Survey Research
American Association for Public Opinion Research calls him "one of the original and most productive survey methodologists."
- Study: Nicotine Replacement Therapies May Not Be Effective in Helping People Quit Smoking
Nicotine replacement therapies (NRTs) designed to help people stop smoking, specifically nicotine patches and nicotine gum, do not appear to be effective in helping smokers quit long-term, even when combined with smoking cessation counseling.