Tag: Center For Women In Politics And Public Policy
- UMass Boston Research Shows Stark Gender Wage Gap
New research done by the Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy at UMass Boston indicates that the wage gap between women and men is particularly stark for women working in lower income occupations, with Hispanic women experiencing the largest pay inequities.
- Save the Date! Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy 20th Anniversary
The theme for the 20th Anniversary celebration is Building the Political Pipeline for Women’s Leadership: Looking Forward to the Next 20 Years.
- Economists Call for Greater Investment in Paid Caregivers at CWPPP Forum at State House
Leading economists and policy experts called for increased investment in the tens of thousands of mostly women eldercare and childcare workers at a forum organized by CWPPP at the State House on April 6, speaking to a standing room only, panelist argue that workers are undervalued and underpaid
- Gender, Leadership, and Public Policy Graduate Certificate Information Session and Alumnae Panel
Can you see yourself leading change? If so, you are invited to attend an information session on the Gender, Leadership and Public Policy graduate certificate program on March 25.
- Valuing Women’s Paid Care Work: From Research to Public Policy in Massachusetts
The Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy is pleased to host its 33rd Women’s Research Forum.
- International Women’s Day Celebration: A Conversation with Sheila Katzman
Why hasn't the U.S. ratified the U.N. Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination Against Women?
- A New Year Networking Night
Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy celebrates the new year with an evening of networking and good conversation.
- New England Women’s Policy Conference Calls on Women to be Warriors for Economic Equality
Four hundred women from six states unite in Boston to take action for policy change
- New England Women Mobilize for Policy Change
Policy conference will unite public, private, and nonprofit leaders to shape policies that promote economic security for women and families.
- LatinasRepresent Boston Inspires Potential Candidates
UMass Boston co-hosts impactful conference to help propel Latinas into political and appointed offices.
- Alumna Leads Effort to Give Massachusetts Home Health Aides a Raise
McCormack Graduate School alumna Lisa Gurgone (WPPP '08) successfully advocates to raise the wages of home care workers.
- Center for Women in Politics Hosts Conference to Advance the Public Leadership of Latina Women
McCormack Graduate School conference to focus on recruiting, promoting, mentoring, and strategizing for success.
- New Certificate Name and New Courses for Women in Politics and Public Policy
This September, the graduate certificate program for Women in Politics and Public Policy at the University of Massachusetts Boston will have a new name: the graduate certificate program in Gender, Leadership and Public Policy.
- UMass Boston Celebrates Legacy of Polly Logan and Advancement of Women’s Political Leadership
Governor Deval Patrick joined former Governors Weld and Swift at CWPPP's recent celebration of the life and legacy of political leader Polly Logan.
- A Celebration of the Life and Leadership of Polly Logan
The Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy celebrates the life and leadership of Polly Logan at this invitation-only event to benefit the Polly Logan Fund.
- Globe Columnist Speaks on Topic of Women in Politics
Joanna Weiss speaks on challenges faced by women in politics and the need for increased action on policy matters important to women and working families.
- UMass Boston, Women’s Pipeline for Change Aim to Boost Women of Color in Politics
Five women of color political leaders from across Massachusetts share their findings from a two-year experiential research project.
- UMass Boston Forum Examines Golar Richie’s Groundbreaking Mayoral Campaign
At “Opening Doors: Women’s Political Leadership in Boston” event, Golar Richie discusses achievements and challenges.
- Race & Ethnicity in America: The Unfinished Social Change Agenda
The Kingston-Mann Awards for Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Scholarship cosponsors this lecture by Yolanda Moses, professor of anthropology at the University of California, Riverside.
- Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy Introduces New Director Ann Bookman
The accomplished scholar and researcher is making her first stop at a public university, but Ann Bookman's arrival at UMass Boston is no accident.
- Ann Bookman Named New Director of Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy
Leading researcher, social policy expert comes to UMass Boston with three decades of experience in academia and at Department of Labor
- Summer Meet and Greet Event
Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy holds summer networking event.
- Visiting Fellows from Egypt, Tunisia Explore Local Efforts to Advance Women in Politics
International exchange program brings two female fellows to McCormack Graduate School to study women in US politics.
- Alumnae of Women in Politics Program Gather with Founders
UMass Boston and Boston College graduates reunite for reunion and networking event.
- New Feminist Agenda: Former VT Governor Calls for Revolution in Work, Family Structures
Promoting her new book, Madeleine Kunin notes that “gender equality remains an elusive goal.”
- UMass Boston Seeks Director for Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy
MGS seeks collaborative leader to advance research and training programs for women in politics.
- Different Paths to Politics: Women and Political Leadership in Massachusetts
CWPPP hosted a panel discussion with Jennifer Benson, Denise Garlick, and Sheneal Parker.
- Women Could Gain Seats in Massachusetts Legislature in General Election
Center for Women in Politics notes the potential for historic high in women's political participation
- Scholar and Political Pundit Linda Killian Addresses Role of Independent Voters
DC journalist dialogues with grad students at Leading Women speakers series on women's public leadership
- An Evening with Ambassador Madeleine Kunin: The New Feminist Agenda
Join us for this event sponsored by the Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy.
- Miss Representation to Mass Representation: Educating for Change
Join us for a film screening and discussion sponsored by Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy.
- Women Candidates for Municipal Elected Office: Decisions, Resources, and Structures
Join us! Event sponsored by the Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy as part of its Leading Women speaker series.
- Women’s Political Leadership in Massachusetts
The Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy hosts a panel discussion as part of its Leading Women speaker series.
- Romney’s “Binders” Comment Puts UMass Boston Study in Spotlight
A 2007 study by the Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy went viral after last week's debate.
- At MGS Event, Rep. Wolf Tells Women: “You Have the Numbers to Make a Difference in Politics”
Alice Woolf shared her perspectives at recent Center for Women in Politics and Gerontology Institute sponsored event.
- The Swing Vote: The Power of Independent Voters in 2012
Sponsored by the Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy, DC journalist Linda Killian leads a timely discussion on the untapped power of independents in the upcoming election.
- Hardy-Fanta Retires as Director of Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy
After two decades of leadership, Carol Hardy-Fanta steps down.
- Youth Development Today: The Role of Mentors, Empowerment, and Being Active
Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy presents its Fall Women's Research Forum
- National Council for Research on Women Honors the Center for Women in Politics & Public Policy
The National Council for Research on Women has presented its 2011 Lifetime Achievement Award to the Center for Women in Politics & Public Policy.
- UMass Boston Report Documents Continued Obstacles for Women in Building Trades
Women make up only 2.7 percent of the construction trades workforce in the U.S., according to a report issued by the Labor Resource Center and Center for Women in Politics & Public Policy.
- UMass Boston Study Takes In-Depth Look at Midwifery Workforce in Massachusetts
A Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy report shows the number of nurse-midwife-attended births more than doubled between 1990 and 2008 in Massachusetts.