- Walls: International, Institutional, Internal
This symposium brings together experts on the subject of walls to make sense of the ways walls operate around the world (from the Middle East to Boston suburbs) and in our minds.
- Center for the Study of Humanities, Culture, and Society Speaker Series: Black Arts International
In his talk, Fulbright student Alex Carter will focus on the political and cultural exchanges between African American and Australian Aboriginal activists.
- Dominican/Haitian Migration Crisis Discussion
The Center for the Study of Humanities, Culture, and Society, and the Latino Studies Program present this discussion with Vice Mayor of Cambridge Dennis Benzan.
- UMass Boston Panel Tackles History of Public Higher Education in Massachusetts
Commissioner of Higher Education Richard Freeland joined two longtime members of the UMass Boston community for the discussion as part of the campus' 50th anniversary celebrations.
- CHCS, Honors College Hosting Discussion on UMass Boston’s 50-Year History
As the University of Massachusetts Boston celebrates its 50th anniversary, the Center for the Study of Humanities, Culture, and Society and the Honors College are looking at the history and mission of the university as it relates to public education today.
- UMass Boston’s 50th Anniversary in Historical Context
Learn about UMass Boston's 50th anniversary from Commissioner of Higher Education for Massachusetts Richard Freeland and others.
- Boston Busing Panel
Join the Center for the Study of Humanities, Culture, and Society as longtime community activists Horace Small and Henry Allen consider the history and legacy of busing in Boston.