- UMass Boston Graduate Student Receives American Chemical Society Award for Green Chemistry Research
Chemistry graduate student Steven Couture has received a $2,000 award to attend the American Chemical Society’s March conference in New Orleans. He’ll present about the green chemistry research that he is conducting in Professor of Chemistry Hannah Sevian’s research group.
- NSF Grant to Fund UMass Boston Chemistry Education Research
Hannah Sevian has received a $2.5 million grant to help teachers foster a new kind of teaching and learning around chemistry.
- UMass Boston to Celebrate Ribbon Cutting of New University Hall
University Hall is the newest completed project in the university’s master plan.
- Green Chemistry Stars Return to UMass Boston Roots
UMass Boston and Yale University co-hosted a green chemistry workshop at UMass Boston.
- Innovation, Design, and Green Chemistry
UMass Boston and Yale Green Chemistry Workshop
- “Now’s the Time:” A Site-Specific Installation by Artist Todd Pavlisko
Artist Todd Pavlisko shares his artistic vision with the UMass Boston community.
- Opening Reception for “Now’s the Time:” A Site-Specific Installation by Artist Todd Pavlisko
Todd Pavlisko’s work—already often marked by a sense of play and adventure—comes to a fever pitch in “Now’s the Time.”
- UMass Boston Opens University Hall to Students
Today marks the beginning of the phased opening of University Hall, UMass Boston’s second new building in the last two years.
- UMass Boston Professor Honored with Fluorous Technology Award
Wei Zhang is only the ninth scientist to receive this award.
- Chemistry Chair Uses Science to Create Art for Local Artist, New York City Gallery Exhibition
You can see the work Chair and Professor of Chemistry Robert Carter did for local artist Todd Pavlisko now through May 30 in New York City.
- UMass Boston Chemistry Professor’s Team Receives $6.25 Million from Department Of Defense
UMass Boston Assistant Professor of Chemistry Jason Green is among the researchers who have received awards from DOD-MURI.
- Dissertation Defense: John P. Collins, PhD Candidate, Physical/Analytical Track, Chemistry
Tuning Carbon Microstructure for Advancing Electrochemical Energy Storage
- Oral Qualifying Exam: Katherine Flanders, PhD Candidate, Green Chemistry Track, Chemistry Department
Biogeochemical insight into the cause(s) of the end Permian extinction: A proposed biomarker reconstruction of the Neo-Tethys ocean
- Thesis Defense: Sanjukta Ghosh, Master’s Student, Chemistry Department
Investigation of Amyloidogenic Systems by the Application of Small Molecular Probes
- Chemistry Seminar - Prof. Jun R. Huh, University of Massachusetts Medical School
Tuning inflammation via modulation of nuclear hormone receptor activity
- Chemistry Professor Wins Prestigious Fellowship
Marietta Schwartz, associate dean of the College of Science and Mathematics, will join the Executive Leadership In Academic Technology and Engineering (ELATE) program this fall. The part-time fellowship allows female senior faculty members in STEM to learn skills they need to advance their careers.
- Annual Chemistry Undergraduate Research Showcase and Departmental Awards Ceremony
- Chemistry Seminar - Prof. Jean-Francis Bloch, Grenoble Institute of Technology
Paper as multiscale biobased material: From microstucture design to architectured materials
- Chemistry Seminar - Dr. David Grills, Brookhaven National Laboratory
Transient Spectroscopic Investigations of Intermediates Involved in Photocatalytic and Electrocatalytic CO2 Reduction
- Chemistry Seminar - Prof. Ilka Parchmannn, Leibniz-Institute for Science and Mathematics Education
Identifying and understanding structure-property-relations: Theoretical considerations and empirical studies
- Chemistry Seminar - Dr. Michal Zion, The School of Education, Bar Ilan University, Israel
The Effect of Individual and Social Environmental Metacognitive Instruction on Students’ Expressions of Environmental Literacy
- Chemistry Seminar - Dr. Rafael E. Luna, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Harvard Medical School
The Art of Scientific Storytelling: Write Your Research Manuscript Using a Step-By-Step Formula
- Faculty Candidate Seminar: Andrew Truman, Postdoctoral Scholar, Kron Lab, University of Chicago
Dealing with Difficult Clients: Modulating Hsp70 Function As a Novel Anti-Cancer Strategy
- Faculty Candidate Seminar: John Hardin, Investigator, Medical Research Council, Cambridge, UK
Faculty Candidate Seminar
- Faculty Candidate Seminar: Richard Baran, Project Scientist, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Faculty Candidate Seminar
- Faculty Candidate Seminar: Monika Raj, Postdoctoral Fellow, Arora Laboratory, New York University
Aldehyde Capture Ligation: A Chemoselective Approach to Peptides and Bioconjugates
- Faculty Candidate Seminar: Daniel Dowling, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Drennan Lab, HHMI/MIT
Queued Up for Catalysis: Structural Studies of SAM Radical Enzyme QueE Involved in Deazapurine Biosynthesis
- Love Potion #9: The Chemistry of Scent & Fragrance
Lure a loved one with chemistry this February
- Dissertation Defense: Asharani Kadam, PhD Candidate, Green Chemistry Track, Chemistry Department
Green Techniques to Improve Grignard Reactions and Synthesize Heterocyclic Molecules
- Freshmen Chemistry Majors Bring Science to Life for Dorchester 8th Graders
Students in UMass Boston's Freshman Success Communities acted out plays to teach chemistry principles to students at the Dever-McCormack K-8 School as part of a yearlong collaboration.
- Thesis Defense: Quan Li, Chemistry Department
A hybrid supercapacitor based on chemically modified manganese dioxide and active carbon in alkaline electrolyte
- UMass Boston Minute: Chemistry at UMass Boston
Students win award for green chemistry activities.
- Chemistry Colloquium: Prof. Gonghu Li, University of New Hampshire
Combining Molecular Catalysts and Nanostructured Surfaces for Solar CO2 Reduction
- Chemistry Colloquium: Professor Chulsung Bae, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Superacidic Sulfonated Aromatic Polymers for High Performance Fuel Cell Membranes
- Chemistry Colloquium: Dr. Qianli Chu, University of North Dakota
Synthesis of Ladder and Two-dimensional Polymers via a Bioinspired Approach
- Chemistry Colloquium: Professor Samuel Thomas, Tufts University
Controlling Polymeric Thin Films with Light
- Dissertation Defense: Lan Yang, Chemistry Department
Topic: Quantitative mass spectrometry analysis for pharmaceutical applications
- Chemistry Colloquium: Prof. Mary Jane Shultz, Tufts University
Molecular Dance: Water's collective modes (Or drum vibrations and duets)
- Chemistry Colloquium: Prof. Emeritus Jerry A. Bell, Simmons College, ACS Education Division, WISL
A Conversation on Climate Science
- Chemistry Colloquium: Dr. Lijun Sun, Center for Drug Discovery and Translational Research, BIDMC
Imagination is the limit: A chemist’s journey in drug development
- Oral Qualifying Exam: Asharani Kadam, Chemistry Department
Synthesis of Novel Small Molecules as Potential Inhibitors for Cancer Targets
- Chemistry Colloquium: Dr. Xiao Wang, Harvard NeuroDiscovery Center, HMS and BWH
Advances in the Enantioselective Hydroformylation of 1,1-Disubstituted Alkenes
- Dissertation Defense: Alex Eisen-Cuadra, Chemistry Department
GEOCHEMICAL RECORD OF GLOBAL CHANGE IN A CLOSED BASIN LAKE: ÉTANG SAUMÂTRE, HAITI
- Thesis Defense: Helen Zhao, Chemistry Department
An Investigation of 8-Oxyquinolate Non-Innocence in d^6 Transition Metal Complexes
- UMass Boston Breaks Ground on $113 Million General Academic Building No. 1
University’s Second New Academic Building Expected to Open in 2015
- Chemistry Department Congratulates 2012 Department Award Recipients
Congratulations to the 2012 Department Award winners!