- Study Abroad Open House for China Today: Culture, History, & Society
Travel and experience China this summer while earning credits toward your degree.
- Study Abroad Open House for Entrepreneurship in the U.S. and China
Earn 6 credit in China this summer. Learn more at the open house!
- Study Abroad Open House for China Programs
Learn more about the programs and meet the program directors, Weili Ye and Raymond Liu.
- 2015 Chinese New Year Celebration
Join the Confucius Institute at the University of Massachusetts Boston for a free performance.
- Ling Shi visits China for NIH Funded REDS-III Project
A CNHS faculty member traveled to China for an NIH-funded project to improve the blood supply and blood safety in China.
- Bamboo Painting Artist Wang Linxu Comes to UMass Boston
You are invited to join President Caret, Chancellor Motley, and the UMass Boston community for an interactive demonstration of traditional Chinese painting.
- UMass Boston Minute: Shauna Lo and Chinese Laundries in Massachusetts
In the latest UMass Boston Minute, we hear from the assistant director of the Institute for Asian American Studies, Shauna Lo.
- Re-opening the Door: UMass Boston Visitors to China Share Their Experiences
UMass Boston faculty, students, and administrators who have been to China will discuss their experiences in China and invite you to share your thoughts with the university community.
- Be Inspired by 19 Students Competing in Mandarin
Learn why Chinese is surpassing German as the third most studied foreign language in the US at the annual and highly-competitive Chinese Speech Contest, hosted by the UMass Boston Confucius Institute.
- UMass Confucius Institute at UMass Boston Presents a Chinese New Year Performance
Enjoy ten performances by a variety of Chinese dancers, musicians, a martial artist, and a gymnast, especially assembled for UMass Boston by Angie Guo of the Foremost Art Group.
- Free Lecture & Lunch on China’s College Entrance Exam
Education reform is a global trend. Professor Haifeng Liu will discuss recent progress and trends in the reform of college entrance exams in China.
- Governing Rural China: Local Government and Peasant Protest in Hunan in the Age of Reform
A research talk by Assistant Professor of Political Science Zhang Wu.
- UMass Boston Hosts International Conference on Rebuilding China, Japan after Disasters
Learn best practices in reducing the socio-economic impact of disasters on vulnerable communities in China
- Management Students Spend Summer Exploring Business Opportunities in China
As part of a University College course, UMass Boston students met with a host of top Chinese business executives during a two-week trip to China.
- Confucius Institutes Discuss Challenges, Solutions on UMass Boston Campus
Directors of 11 Confucius Institutes had a chance to share their challenges and get ideas from their peers as the University of Massachusetts Confucius Institute at the UMass Boston hosted a first-of-its-kind conference.
- UMass Boston to Host First Global Confucius Institute Conference
For the first time, a group of Confucius Institutes will meet to network, share success stories, and brainstorm collaborative ways to share the Chinese culture and language.
- Dragon Boat Festival - FREE
Enjoy folk dancing and singing performances, plus calligraphy provided by Quincy Asian Resources, Inc.
- Study Chinese Starting June 2nd
Take Beginning or Intermediate Chinese this summer, every Saturday for two hours for ten weeks.
- Rebuilding Sustainable Communities after Disasters in China: Best Practices and Lessons Learned
Examine proven strategies to reduce the socio-economic impact of various forms of disasters on vulnerable communities in China.
- Free Symphony Orchestra Performance by Beijing Musicians
A dazzling performance by RDFZ Symphony Orchestra sponsored by UMass Boston's Confucius Institute
- PhD Student Scholarly Dialogue: Maternal and Child Health in Developing Countries
Assistant Professors Joyce Edmonds and Ling Shi will present on their global health research.
- Professor Julie Nelson Delivers Talk in China
Professor Julie Nelson delivers invited talk in China
- Roundtable Discussion with Environmental Protection Directors from Yunnan, China
The International Fund for China's Environment hosted a delegation of environmental directors from the Yunnan province in China.