Tag: Civic Engagement
- UMass Boston Urban Planning Professor Receives National Civic Engagement Award
Professor of Urban Planning Ken Reardon is the winner of the 2017 Thomas Ehrlich Civically Engaged Faculty Award.
- UMass Boston, Community Partners Team Up on New Mural at John W. McCormack Middle School
The new mural was made possible by a Love Your Block Grant and support from National Grid, Paul Revere Transportation, and UMass Boston Community Relations.
- Election Ballot Debate: Question 4
The McCormack Graduate School, WBUR radio, and The Boston Globe are hosting a series of live debates on the statewide ballot questions. Question 4 would legalize the recreational use of marijuana.
- Election Ballot Debate: Question 1
The McCormack Graduate School, WBUR radio, and The Boston Globe are hosting a series of live debates on the statewide ballot questions. Question 1 would allow for an additional slots gambling parlor.
- Election Ballot Debate: Question 3
The McCormack Graduate School, WBUR radio, and The Boston Globe are hosting a series of live weekly debates on the statewide ballot questions. Question 3 would regulate the treatment of farm animals.
- Election Ballot Debate: Question 2
The McCormack Graduate School, WBUR radio, and The Boston Globe are hosting a series of live weekly debates on the statewide ballot questions. Question 2 would raise the cap on charter schools.
- UMass Boston’s McCormack Graduate School, WBUR, Boston Globe to Host Election Ballot Debates
UMass Boston’s McCormack Graduate School of Policy and Global Studies, WBUR radio, and The Boston Globe will host a series of live weekly debates exploring in depth the four statewide ballot questions to be decided by Massachusetts voters in the November 8 election.
- Collaborative Leadership in Action: A Public Symposium
Join us for an interactive public forum on how collaborative leadership prepares rising leaders to deal with a climate of ambiguity, constant change, and limited resources.
- Students and Alumni Promote Civic Engagement at Networking Event
Elaine Ward '99, '10 shares, "have your voice heard, make change in our communities."
- Empowered Citizens/Global Impact: CPCS Alumni & Student Networking Event
Higher Education and the Next Generation of Civic-Minded Professionals
- City Awake Partners with UMass Boston to Host ‘Our Convention’ at EMK Institute
City Awake, in partnership with UMass Boston and Microsoft, will host the first annual ‘Our Convention’ as part of Boston’s HUBweek. Over 70 organizations with young adult constituencies will convene up to 300 cross-sector leaders to produce a shared civic agenda for Generation Y in Boston.
- A Civic Engagement Class Makes Inroads in the Jamaica Plain Community and Beyond
One community inspires students to make a difference through grass roots involvement
- Youth Opinion Matters Conference
Civic engagement students and youth come together to "respond" to the issue of violence in their communities with a day of basketball clinics, campus tours, an essay contest, and discussion.
- Conflict Resolution Student Appointed to Key Public Affairs Job in Puerto Rico
Ricardo Ramos puts his conflict resolution graduate studies to work in San Juan's mayor's office.
- “Critical Conversations: The State of History in the National Park Service”
NPS staff tasked with engaging the public with the past at the nation's parks will reflect on a 2012 report and its implications, and brainstorm ways to meet identified challenges.