- Social Justice Mission Motivates JFK Winner July Suarez
College of Liberal Arts alumna working to increase opportunities, resources for Latino communities in Mass.
- Newton Teacher’s Pop Culture Collection Comes to UMass Boston
Allan MacDougall Popular Culture Archive includes rare music artifacts, recordings, and documents.
- Study Abroad Open House for The Holocaust: Historical Contexts
Earn credits while experiencing Poland. Learn more about your opportunity to travel and study.
- CANCELLED: Open House for Caribbean Society and Culture
Study in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands this summer. Learn more about this opportunity at the Open House!
- Study Abroad Open House for China Programs
Learn more about the programs and meet the program directors, Weili Ye and Raymond Liu.
- Study Abroad Open House for Paris: a Living Textbook
Come join us at the open house and learn more about your opportunity to study in Paris, France!
- UMass Boston Student Honored with Kingston-Mann Student Achievement Award
Jacqueline Perry is among honorees recognized for undergraduate research.
- UMass Boston Researchers Fight Health Disparities for Children with Autism
A $3.9 million grant from the National Institute of Mental Health will support early intervention for underserved children in Boston.
- Prof. Robert Weiner Retires, Marks Nearly 50 Years of Excellence, Student Focus
Political science and international relations expert begins post-retirement phase.
- UMass Boston Professors Win Best Paper Award at 2014 Marketing & Public Policy Conference
Vincent Xie and Jessie M. Quintero Johnson Win Best Paper Award at the 2014 Marketing & Public Policy Conference.
- More American Breadwinners are Low-wage Workers
Randy Albelda and Michael Can pen new study on low-wage and low-income workers.
- Rule of Law and Democracy in Russia
A discussion of the current situation
- Note Taking Strategies
Learn about effective note taking strategies to help you in your classes.
- Library Information Session for New Students
Learn how to use the library on campus.
- CLA Junior Faculty Colloquium: Studying How Babies Learn Words
CLA JFC Presents: Assistant Professor of Psychology Mohinish Shukla
- Board of Higher Education Approves PhD in Global Governance and Human Security
The newly approved program has begun accepting applications and expects to welcome its first cohort of students in September 2012.
- Career Symposium
Alumni with degrees in the liberal arts will return to campus to share with students how they shaped their career paths and ended up in their current roles.
- UMass Boston Students Selected for Latino Leadership Initiative
Four University of Massachusetts Boston students have been selected to participate in the second annual Latino Leadership Initiative.
- Public Universities and the Public Sphere: Justifying State Support for Higher Education
In his new book, Professor of History Woodruff Smith argues that two contemporary crises facing America are closely connected.
- New Master’s Track Brings History to the People
A new public history track in the master’s in history program focuses on presenting history to all, not just to other historians.
- Local Portuguese Speakers Celebrate Launch of Center for Portuguese Language
A reception was held March 25, 2010 to celebrate the official inauguration of the Center for Portuguese Language-Instituto Camões.