Tag: Class Of 2016
- Aspiring Opera Singer’s Goal: Educate Others about Classical Music
Aspiring opera singer Jeehye Kang says she’s the beneficiary of a broad-based music curriculum at UMass Boston.
- Volunteer Work, Service Trips Shaped Graduate’s Future
Anny Rodriguez Viloria moved from Colombia to Cambridge as a high school student. When she was looking to continue her education, she chose UMass Boston because her family had benefited from public schooling back home.
- Nursing PhD Graduate Helps Fight “Silent Killers” in Kenya
Jacob Kariuki was a 28-year-old nursing tutor at the Tumutumu School of Nursing, in the Central Highlands of Kenya, when he made the connection that would change his life.
- Honors College Grad Scores Job at Financial Services Firm
Nurcin Celebi struggled to fit in after moving to Worcester from her home in Istanbul, Turkey at age 16. But the Honors College graduate has never been afraid to make her own path, and at UMass Boston she found an environment that encouraged her to do just that.
- Congressman Seth Moulton to UMass Boston Grads: Live Your Life with Courage
Congressman Seth Moulton, a Massachusetts native and Marine veteran who served four tours in Iraq, encouraged UMass Boston graduates to “live your life with courage” at the university’s 48th undergraduate commencement Friday at the TD Garden.
- Congressman Seth Moulton to Address UMass Boston Class at Today’s Commencement
Congressman Seth Moulton, a Massachusetts native and Marine veteran who served four tours in Iraq, including two as special assistant to General David Petraeus, will deliver the principal commencement address at UMass Boston’s 48th undergraduate commencement ceremony at the TD Garden this morning.
- Meet the Members of the Class of 2016
Before the commencement exercises began for the UMass Boston students graduating with advanced degrees, UMass Boston Today caught up with some of them
- Two Days of UMass Boston Commencement Celebrations Begin With Grad Ceremony
1,340 graduate, doctoral students honored; undergraduates to be celebrated on Friday