- UMass Boston Alumna Erica Chapman ‘03 Recognized in Boston Business Journal’s 40 Under 40
CM Alumna Erica Chapman '03 was recently recognized as one of the Boston Business Journal's 2017 40 Under 40 .
- UMass Boston Students Receive First Scholarships from Associated Industries of Massachusetts
The purpose of the scholarship is to supplement other funds that students receive.
- UMass Boston Hosts Leadership Forum on Early Education, Launches New Innovation Lab and Accelerator
The accelerator will provide mentoring, networking, and access to capital necessary to start and grow businesses through a cohort-based program.
- Asset Management Series: Fundamental vs. Technical Analysis: The Ying and Yang of Equity Security
The Financial Services Forum presents this event with Allen Hahn, Principal, ADH Advisors
- Asset Management Series: Market Strategies in Turbulent Times
Paul Quistberg, head of research for Fidelity Strategic Advisors, who manages a team of 50+ fundamental and quantitative analysts supporting portfolios in excess of $200 billion, will present.
- Princeton Review Names UMass Boston a Best Business School; #4 Greatest Opportunity for Minorities
The College of Management at the University of Massachusetts Boston is one of the nation’s most outstanding business schools, according to The Princeton Review.
- The Impact of Altruism on Electronic Word of Mouth (eWOM)
The UMass Boston Public Digital Media Lab presents Michelle Killian and John Fahy from the University of Limerick to discuss the impact of altruism on electronic word of mouth (eWOM).
- UMass Boston PhD Student Earns Fellowship to Study Gulf Coast Resilience
Debra Butler will examine how communities handle "shocks."
- Chancellor’s Awards Highlight Faculty Excellence at 2016 Commencement Ceremony
Three professors win awards for Distinguished Scholarship, Teaching, and Service
- Accounting and Finance Speaker Series: Dr. Ronen Gal-Or, Northeastern University
Dr. Ronen Gal-Or from Northeastern University will present his coauthored paper.
- College of Management Accepted as Member of Latin American Council of Management Schools
The College of Management at the UMass Boston has been accepted as a member of The Latin American Council of Management Schools (CLADEA).
- Asset Management Series: A Master Class by Andrew Uerkwitz - April 25
Andrew Uerkwitz, executive director and senior analyst, will present a master class.
- College of Management Hosts Discussion on Graduate Enrollment Trends at Accreditation Conference
The College of Management hosted a panel discussing graduate enrollment trends in business education at the Annual International Conference and Meeting of AACSB International.
- UMass Boston College of Management’s MBA Ranked by CEO Magazine
The College of Management at the University of Massachusetts Boston is a top business school according to CEO Magazine.
- College of Management Graduate Open House
Attend the College of Management Graduate Open House to learn about masters programs in business at UMass Boston.
- College of Management Professor Wins Grant to Examine Resources for Women Entrepreneurs in Boston
Assistant Professor of Management Banu Özkazanç-Pan and two fellow researchers have won a $47,000 grant from the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation to study women entrepreneurs in the Boston area and organizations that support entrepreneurs.
- College of Management Highlights Influence of Higher Ed on Workforce Development
The College of Management hosted and co-sponsored, along with the Boston Business Journal on Thursday, a breakfast discussion on the roles of higher education institutions, employers, and government entities have on workforce development.
- UMass Boston Hosts Academy of International Business Frontier Conference
Last week, October 22-24, the Organizations and Social Change (OSC) Research Group of the College of Management hosted the Academy of International Business (AIB) US-Northeast Frontier Conference at UMass Boston.
- UMass Boston Team to Compete in CFA Institute Research Challenge
A UMass Boston College of Management team is set to compete the CFA Institute Research Challenge hosted locally by the Boston Security Analysts Society.
- UMass Boston Professor Appointed Senior Editor of an Information Systems Journal
Pratyush Bharati, Associate Professor in the Management Science and Information Systems, has been appointed Senior Editor of an Information Systems Journal.
- Study Abroad Open House for Entrepreneurship in the U.S. and China
Earn 6 credit in China this summer. Learn more at the open house!
- Study Abroad Open House for China Programs
Learn more about the programs and meet the program directors, Weili Ye and Raymond Liu.
- Delegates from Italy Meet with UMass Boston Professor to Discuss Data Privacy and Protection
Delegates from Italy met with UMass Boston Professor Noushin Ashrafi to discuss her research.
- UMass Boston’s Student Investors Top Other Campuses for Second Time
For the second time in three years, UMass Boston’s Student Managed Fund (SMF) has bested the other UMass campuses in an investing competition sponsored by the UMass Foundation.
- QS TopMBA Ranks UMass Boston’s MBA Program No. 41 in North America
UMass Boston's MBA program moved up seven spots from last year's TopMBA ranking.
- UMass Boston Contract with the Massachusetts Cultural Council to Evaluate Impact
Associate Professor Pacey Foster received a contract to evaluate impact for the Adams Art Program at the Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC).
- Philip Puccia MBA ‘96 Addresses Class of 2014
Distinguished Alumnus of the College of Management, Philip Puccia, MBA Class of 1995, offered remarks at the CM Commencement Ceremony
- Dean Jorge Haddock Hosts AACSB Webinar
Dean Jorge Haddock will host a AACSB Accreditation: Process and Procedures webinar.
- UMass Boston’s College of Management Welcomes Dean Jorge Haddock
The College of Management is pleased to announce that Jorge Haddock has been appointed the dean of the school.
- UMass Boston Professors Win Best Paper Award at 2014 Marketing & Public Policy Conference
Vincent Xie and Jessie M. Quintero Johnson Win Best Paper Award at the 2014 Marketing & Public Policy Conference.
- UMass Boston’s Accounting and Finance Department Celebrates Student Success
The Accounting and Finance Department is pleased to announce a number of student accomplishments.
- UMass Boston’s College of Management Celebrates Spring Convocation
On May 27, the College of Management celebrated the 2014 Convocation Award and Scholarship winners.
- UMass Boston Students Excel in Cybersecurity Competitions
Students majoring in information technology and computer science compete in team and individual competitions.
- UMass Boston SERC Center Contributes to Development of MA Clean Energy and Climate Score
The Center for Sustainable Enterprise and Regional Competitiveness (SERC) contributed to the development of the Massachusetts Clean Energy and Climate Scorecard.
- Sustainable Facility Management is focus of New Course at UMass Boston
The College of Management is offering a new course to meet the needs of facility management professionals.
- Healthcare Informatics and Business Analytics Graduate Online Certificates at UMass Boston
UMass Boston’s College of Advancing and Professional Studies (CAPS) and the College of Management announce new online graduate certificate programs in Healthcare Informatics and Business Analytics.
- Massachusetts Business Development Center Guides 4th Straight MassChallenge Winner
RailPod is the fourth consecutive MSBDC client to win a cash award from the MassChallenge.
- City Year CEO Speaks at UMass Boston as part of Social Entrepreneur and Leadership Series
Michael Brown, cofounder of City Year, speaks to UMass Boston audience celebrating 25th anniversary of his organization.
- Advanced Data Analytics Session at the College of Management
CM students had the opportunity to participate in an advanced data analytics session hosted by Blake Daniels from Bloomberg.
- College of Management Featured in The Princeton Review’s “Best 295 Business Schools: 2014 Edition”
The College of Management at UMass Boston is recognized by The Princeton Review as one of the nation's best business schools.
- UMass Professor Receives 2013 Publication Award of the INFORMS Decision Analysis Society
Jeffrey Keisler, a professor in the Management Science and Information Systems Department, receives the 2013 Publication Award of the INFORMS Decision Analysis Society.
- UMass Boston Will Host National 2 to10 Leadership Conference
The Entrepreneurship Center at the College of Management will host the 2 to 10 Leadership Conference at UMass Boston in April 2014.
- Maureen Scully Appointed Interim Dean of UMass Boston’s College of Management
Maureen Scully, a widely known researcher on the role of business in addressing pressing societal issues, has been appointed interim dean of UMass Boston's College of Management.
- UMass Boston Earns $3M IGERT Grant to Study Natural and Human Systems in Urbanizing Environments
The University of Massachusetts Boston is launching a new graduate program to train the next generation of environmental problem-solvers, funded by a five-year, $3.1 million grant from the National Science Foundation.
- Noushin Ashrafi Selected for Fulbright Specialist Roster
UMass Boston Professor, Noushin Ashrafi, has recently been added to the Fulbright Specialist Roster.
- UMass Boston Welcomes New Director for Entrepreneurship Center
The College of Management welcomes David McFarlane as the new Director of the Entrepreneurship Center.
- UMass Boston Students Visit the New York Stock Exchange
On May 16, CM students in the Student Managed Fund (SMF) visited the New York Stock Exchange.
- Social Media: What’s Next?
Businesses need to identify social media trends early and devise a strategy accordingly. Join UMass Boston and experts from Google, HubSpot, and others to learn about the future of social media.
- College of Management Ranked Best for Vets
Military Times has recognized UMass Boston's College of Management as a top school for veterans.
- Management Students Develop Ideas for Promoting Arts, Businesses in Upham’s Corner
Undergraduate students have developed ideas for promoting the arts and bringing businesses to Dorchester's Upham's Corner neighborhood. The university's partnership with Upham's Corner Main Street is one of more than 300.
- UMass Boston Paves Way for Student Exchanges with Britain’s Plymouth University
Students in the University of Massachusetts Boston’s College of Management will soon have the opportunity to study in the United Kingdom, thanks to a memorandum of understanding signed Friday between the college and Plymouth University’s Plymouth Business School.
- College of Management Graduate Students Place in Alpha Boston Equity Pitch Challenge
Four teams were chosen as finalists and after presenting their research report on McCormick & Co (NYSE MKC), UMass Boston's College of Management team placed second in the competition.
- Emerging Leaders Offer Solutions to Businesses, Nonprofits
The 2012 fellows in the Center for Collaborative Leadership’s Emerging Leaders Program focused on communications efforts for their community partners.
- College of Management Featured in The Princeton Review’s “Best 296 Business Schools: 2013 Edition”
The College of Management at the University of Massachusetts Boston is an outstanding business school, according to The Princeton Review.
- Johnny Cupcakes Founder to Share Recipe for Success
UMass Boston's College of Management will host Johnny Earle, aka Johnny Cupcakes, on September 19, as he gives a free lecture on how he created a multimillion-dollar brand.
- Management Students Spend Summer Exploring Business Opportunities in China
As part of a University College course, UMass Boston students met with a host of top Chinese business executives during a two-week trip to China.
- College of Management Presents Johnny Cupcakes
Come hear Johnny Earle, aka Johnny Cupcakes, tell the story of how he turned a simple idea into a multimillion-dollar business using nontraditional methods.
- Accounting, Finance & Business Career Fair
Don't miss this opportunity to network with employers from all areas of business! Special thanks to our employer sponsors: Sherwin-Williams, Enterprise Holdings, and Newburg & Company, LLP!
- 2012 Business Launch Competition Award Ceremony
Watch as the winner of the Entrepreneurship Center's second-annual Business Launch Competition receives $20,000 in prizes.
- Second Annual Business Launch Competition Offers $22K in Prizes
This year, the winner of the Business Launch Competition will receive $20,000 in prizes, almost double last year’s prize amount. Applications will be accepted through February 28.
- Visit UMass Boston’s College of Management at The Economist’s Which MBA? Online Fair
Are you interested in an MBA? Visit UMass Boston's College of Management at The Economist's Which MBA Online Fair to learn more about our programs.
- The College of Management Announces New PhD Program in Business Administration
The College of Management at the University of Massachusetts Boston is pleased to announce the opening to the first track, Organizations and Social Change, of a new PhD program in Business Administration.
- Board of Higher Education Approves PhD in Global Governance and Human Security
The newly approved program has begun accepting applications and expects to welcome its first cohort of students in September 2012.
- UMass Boston Students Assist Girl Scouts Through Social Media
Students in the College of Management developed a social media strategy for the Girl Scouts organization in a Boston-wide social media competition.
- Changing the Face of Leadership
Emerging Leaders Program Black Tie Gala
- Accounting, Finance, and Business Career Fair
Professional dress required, bring copies of your resume. Sign up in advance under “Career Fairs & Events” on My Career Online.
- Professor Werner Kunz Receives Outstanding Paper Award
Assistant Professor of Marketing Werner Kunz’s 2010 MSQ article received the Emerald Literati Network's Outstanding Paper Award.
- Center for Collaborative Leadership Founding Director to Earn Achievement Award
The Boston Business Journal is honoring Sherry Penney with a lifetime achievement award at its Leaders in Diversity event.
- UMass Boston Students Selected for Latino Leadership Initiative
Four University of Massachusetts Boston students have been selected to participate in the second annual Latino Leadership Initiative.
- Werner Kunz Receives Best Paper Award
Professor Kunz Honored for Best Paper
- Student CEOs Win Cash, Legal Assistance at UMass Boston
Michael Emery and Kevin Schoenthaler are the first winners of the UMass Boston Entrepreneurship Center’s Business Launch Competition.
- UMass Boston Student-run Startups Compete for Money, Expert Help in Launching Businesses
A dozen student-based startup companies are competing in the first ever Business Launch Competition hosted by the College of Management's Entrepreneurship Center.
- CM’s New Entrepreneurship Center to Help Build the Businesses of Tomorrow
UMass Boston's Entrepreneurship Center makes the school a one-stop destination for entrepreneurs looking to take their business concepts from idea to reality.
- New Center to Develop “Green-and-White-Collar” Job Training
Professional training in the growing field of green business will be administered through the Center for Sustainable Enterprise and Regional Competitiveness.