Tag: College Of Education And Human Development
- UMass Boston Institute for Early Education Leadership and Innovation Awarded $100K Grant
The University of Massachusetts Boston’s Institute for Early Education Leadership and Innovation has been awarded a $100,000 grant by the Boston Foundation, the university announced today.
- One Year In, Native American Students in Early Childhood Program Making an Impact in Tribal Schools
The Native American Early Childhood Education Scholars Program is a pilot program that fully funds the students as they earn a bachelor’s degree in early childhood and education in inclusive settings.
- UMass Boston PhD Candidate Meets President Obama, Shares Research at White House Pride Event
Tangela Roberts was invited to the White House following the publication of her article “Between a Gay and a Straight Place: Bisexual Individuals’ Experiences with Monosexism.”
- UMass Boston Training Graduate Wins Presidential Teaching Award
Neil Plotnick of Everett High School won a Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching. Plotnick is a graduate of Project FOCUS, a dual certification teacher training program (special education and secondary education) run by the Institute for Community Inclusion (ICI).
- UMass Boston Partners with BPS to Provide Additional Training for Minority Women Educators
UMass Boston is partnering with Boston Public Schools on the new Women Educators of Color Executive Coaching Program. The 15-month program gives minority women educators mentors, peer support, and the opportunity to take classes in UMass Boston’s educational administration programs for credit.
- Fulbright-Winning UMass Boston Professor to Work in Tanzania
Assistant Professor Angela Stone-MacDonald has received a Fulbright grant to teach early childhood education in Tanzania this September.
- UMass Boston Graduate Programs Rise in U.S. News and World Report Rankings
The education programs have risen five spots since their last ranking in 2015; the public affairs program has gained 10 spots since it was last evaluated in 2012.
- Mayor Walsh to Celebrate Graduates of UMass Boston Co-Led Early Education Business Center Saturday
Anne Douglass will be among those meeting with Boston Mayor Marty Walsh on Saturday about a new UMass Boston partnership that’s providing support to predominately women-run early education and care businesses in Roxbury.
- UMass Boston Faculty Will Return to China for Summer Graduate Seminar
The 12 faculty members who joined last year's trip to Xi'an will discuss their experiences on Tuesday at 2:30 in the Campus Center.
- UMass Boston Begins Native American Early Childhood Education Scholars Program
The University of Massachusetts Boston is working with regional tribes to increase the number of highly qualified Native American early childhood educators and intervention specialists serving Native children.
- UMass Boston Holds Early Education Leadership Forum
Carol Nolan, the director of policy at the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care, spoke at UMass Boston’s second annual Early Education Leadership Forum on September 27.
- Award-Winning Author Jonathan Kozol to Speak at UMass Boston April 28
UMass Boston's College of Education and Human Development will be hosting National Book Award-winning author Jonathan Kozol for a free talk on Monday, April 28. The talk is part of a half-day celebration of CEHD’s first 35 years.
- UMass Boston Shines a Light on the Science of Children from Birth to Age 8
The Institute of Medicine’s (IOM) Committee on the Science of Children Birth to Age 8: Deepening and Broadening the Foundation for Success heard from Anne Douglass, assistant professor of early care and education at UMass Boston.
- UMass Boston Holds Early Education Leadership Forum November 2
The Commissioner of the Department of Early Education and Care spoke at UMass Boston’s first ever Early Education Leadership Forum November 2 to celebrate the first cohort of graduating students in the new Early Education Research, Policy, and Practice Post Master’s Certificate Program.
- Organizing in Education for Racial Justice
Dialogue with McCormack Grad School and College of Education faculty and students on this important topic.
- UMass Boston Faculty Share Preschool Teaching Techniques with World
Through UMass Boston’s OpenCourseWare system, teachers, family child care providers, and after school coordinators around the world are learning new techniques.
- UMass Boston’s Teach Next Year Catches President Obama’s Attention
President Obama recognized UMass Boston in a speech during his March 8, 2011 visit to TechBoston Academy in Boston’s Dorchester neighborhood.
- President Obama Recognizes UMass Boston in Speech at TechBoston
In his speech at TechBoston Academy, President Barack Obama recognized UMass Boston for preparing many of the teachers working at the school.
- UMass Boston Early Education and Care in Inclusive Settings Team Praised by MA Education Officials
Members of the CEHD's Early Education and Care in Inclusive Settings Program spoke to the board of the state Department of Early Education and Care.