Tag: College Of Nursing And Health Sciences
- UMass Boston Prof Wins Excellence in Nursing Education Award
JoAnn Mulready-Shick has been recognized by the American Nurses Association of Massachusetts.
- UMass Boston and Harvard Pilgrim Host Pharmacy Cost Panel
What constitutes value when it comes to prescription drugs was a recurring theme at a panel Tuesday morning sponsored by UMass Boston’s Set Sail for Success Program and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care.
- Exercise and Health Sciences Students Win New England College Bowl, Advance to Nationals
Sean Derby-Kilfoyle, Lindsay Breidel, and Tri Vo will be representing UMass Boston and New England at the national American College of Sports Medicine conference in May.
- UMass Boston Nursing Student Has New Strategy for Safe Needle Disposal
Rachel Moloney, who is graduating next week, hopes to see more needle kiosks across Boston.
- Harvard Pilgrim Partnership Celebrated at Set Sail for Success Event
State Senator Linda Dorcena Forry, Harvard Pilgrim CEO Eric Schultz on hand for celebration
- UMass Boston Graduate Programs Rise in U.S. News and World Report Rankings
The education programs have risen five spots since their last ranking in 2015; the public affairs program has gained 10 spots since it was last evaluated in 2012.
- Nursing Prof Earns $900K Grant for HIV, Hepatitis C Prevention and Testing
Assistant Professor Teri Aronowitz is principal investigator on the three-year federal grant
- The Kresge Foundation: New Directions in Population Health
Join the College of Nursing and Health Sciences as Phyllis Meadows, PhD, MSN, BSN, RN speaks on The Kresge Foundation’s efforts in reducing health disparities by promoting conditions and environments.
- Boston Health Chief Arroyo, Harvard Pilgrim CEO Talk Health Disparities at UMass Boston Panel
Chancellor J. Keith Motley also joined the discussion.
- Scholarly Dialogue - When Nurses are Also Patients
Professor Courtenay Sprague featured in College of Nursing and Health Sciences Scholarly Dialogue
- College of Nursing and Health Sciences Celebrates 35 Years with E-Posters, Student Presentations
The anniversary celebration, which includes e-posters, oral presentations and two keynote lectures, ends with an awards dinner tonight.
- Former Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga Highlights Africa’s Development
Former Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga visited the UMass Boston campus on May 6 to deliver a talk, “The Awakening African Lion,” as part of the Distinguished International Lecture series.
- UMass Boston Receives $1 Million Grant to Recruit Urban Nurse Leaders
College of Nursing and Health Sciences Will Provide Tuition Assistance, Mentoring Support to Students
- UMass Boston Students Show Bravery Amid Chaos at Marathon
Marathon Monday started with bright smiles for the UMass Boston students who volunteered to be members of a medical "sweep team" for runners in distress. When tragedy struck, theirs became a story of bravery amid chaos
- New Dean of Nursing and Health Sciences Ready to Listen and Lead
Anahid Kulwicki's background is in health disparities research, which is a burgeoning area of focus for UMass Boston.
- JFK Award Winner Defies Obstacles
2011 JFK Award Winner Alia MacPherson defies obstacles: She was forced to quit high school and begin working two jobs to help support her family.
- Exercise and Health Sciences Faculty and Students Help Children with Disabilities at YMCA
Students are participating in All Abilities Active, a physical activity program for children with physical, intellectual, and sensory disabilities.
- UMass Boston Study Finds Active Video Games Can Help Kids Burn Calories
Active video games like Dance Dance Revolution and Nintendo Wii Boxing can help kids burn calories while having fun at the same time, a UMass Boston study says.