Tag: College Of Nursing And Health Sciences
- The Kresge Foundation: New Directions in Population Health
Join the College of Nursing and Health Sciences as Phyllis Meadows, PhD, MSN, BSN, RN speaks on The Kresge Foundation’s efforts in reducing health disparities by promoting conditions and environments.
- Amy Rex Smith Receives Award from the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Nurses Association
Amy Rex-Smith, DNSc, RN, ACNS, BC of the College of Nursing and Health Sciences, has recently been awarded the “Excellence in Nursing Education” Award from the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Nurses Association or ANA.
- Boston Health Chief Arroyo, Harvard Pilgrim CEO Talk Health Disparities at UMass Boston Panel
Chancellor J. Keith Motley also joined the discussion.
- College of Nursing and Health Sciences Celebrates 35 Years with E-Posters, Student Presentations
The anniversary celebration, which includes e-posters, oral presentations and two keynote lectures, ends with an awards dinner tonight.
- Former Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga Highlights Africa’s Development
Former Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga visited the UMass Boston campus on May 6 to deliver a talk, “The Awakening African Lion,” as part of the Distinguished International Lecture series.
- UMass Boston Receives $1 Million Grant to Recruit Urban Nurse Leaders
College of Nursing and Health Sciences Will Provide Tuition Assistance, Mentoring Support to Students
- UMass Boston Students Show Bravery Amid Chaos at Marathon
Marathon Monday started with bright smiles for the UMass Boston students who volunteered to be members of a medical "sweep team" for runners in distress. When tragedy struck, theirs became a story of bravery amid chaos
- New Dean of Nursing and Health Sciences Ready to Listen and Lead
Anahid Kulwicki's background is in health disparities research, which is a burgeoning area of focus for UMass Boston.
- JFK Award Winner Defies Obstacles
2011 JFK Award Winner Alia MacPherson defies obstacles: She was forced to quit high school and begin working two jobs to help support her family.
- Exercise and Health Sciences Faculty and Students Help Children with Disabilities at YMCA
Students are participating in All Abilities Active, a physical activity program for children with physical, intellectual, and sensory disabilities.
- UMass Boston Study Finds Active Video Games Can Help Kids Burn Calories
Active video games like Dance Dance Revolution and Nintendo Wii Boxing can help kids burn calories while having fun at the same time, a UMass Boston study says.