Tag: College Of Science And Mathematics
- CSM Showcase Affirms UMass Boston’s Status as Research Hub
More than 250 students collaborating on 90-plus research projects participated in the College of Science and Mathematics' third annual showcase.
- Computer Science Students to Represent UMass Boston in Supercomputing Competition
Two UMass Boston undergraduate computer science students are part of a team that’s going to Salt Lake City this weekend to compete in the prestigious Student Cluster Competition.
- UMass Boston’s Nantucket Field Station Hosts “Our Oceans = Our Future” Forum
Chancellor Motley: Field Station is just one example of UMass Boston's commitment to cutting-edge climate research
- Polito, Kennedy Visit UMass Boston for STEM Lecture Series
Integrated Sciences Complex hosts films screening, panel discussion organized by Massachusetts STEM Advisory Council.
- UMass Boston Faculty Will Return to China for Summer Graduate Seminar
The 12 faculty members who joined last year's trip to Xi'an will discuss their experiences on Tuesday at 2:30 in the Campus Center.
- Enrichment Program Introduces UMass Boston Undergraduates to Careers in Medicine or Research
Tufts University School of Medicine with UMass Boston encourages a more diverse physician and biomedical science workforce with intensive curriculum for pre-medical and pre-doctoral students.
- A Look Inside the Sandbox Lab at the Integrated Sciences Complex
The lab offers a unique space for students and faculty to collaborate on research projects.
- CSM Student Success Showcase
Dean Andrew Grosovsky invites you to the CSM Student Success Showcase, sponsored by Sanofi Genzyme and Oracle.
- UMass Boston to Cut Ribbon on New ISC
Research Facility Features Center for Personalized Cancer Therapy and Baby Lab
- Innovative Cancer Research at UMass Boston Receives $150K Grant
The grant to Jill Macoska, director of the Center for Personalized Cancer Therapy, is part of the annual UMass Science and Technology Awards from the office of President Robert Caret.
- Anonymous Gift of $1 Million Will Advance Biology Research Efforts
This gift will launch the new Biology Graduate Research Endowment, which will support stipends for graduate students, travel to conferences, and graduate research projects for years to come.
- U.S. Secretary of Education Praises UMass Boston’s STEM Diversity
U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan praised UMass Boston's "wonderful commitment" to increasing diversity in STEM fields in a Twitter comment recently.
- UMass Boston Professors, Students Watch Launch of Satellite That Will Gather Data for $970K Grant
A group of graduate students from UMass Boston and professors Crystal Schaaf and ZhongPing Lee were in California to watch the launch of a satellite that is churning out data for UMass Boston researchers to use in a project funded by the U.S. Geological Survey.
- UMass Boston and Wipro Launch Fellowship Program on Science Education for School Teachers
Wipro Ltd and the University of Massachusetts Boston today jointly announced the launch of a 12-month fellowship program in the US to train 120 school teachers over three years, with the objective of facilitating excellence in science education among students from disadvantaged areas of Boston.
- Group of Policymakers, Scientists, Thought Leaders Converge to Discuss Effects of Climate Change
GC '12 will focus on three specific themes examining the overall problem of climate change from different perspectives with a unified goal of understanding how to mitigate the effects that we can control and adapt to those that we cannot.
- UMass Boston Student Engy Mui Among “29 Who Shine” in 2011
Engy Mui, a decorated U.S. Navy veteran and biology major in the Honors Program, is the “29 Who Shine” award winner from UMass Boston.
- Freshman Success Communities: Learning and Bonding
CSM dean Andrew Grosovsky developed Freshmen Success Communities in response to the challenges facing undergraduate students at UMass Boston.
- New Center to Develop “Green-and-White-Collar” Job Training
Professional training in the growing field of green business will be administered through the Center for Sustainable Enterprise and Regional Competitiveness.