- UMass Boston’s 47th Commencement Today
UMass Boston will graduate its largest class ever – 4,144 graduates – and honor a group of distinguished leaders with Chancellor's Medals and honorary degrees this morning at its 47th commencement ceremony in the TD Garden.
- “Bobbi the Beacon” to Graduate Friday
Three-sport athlete Kirsten Morrison is one of a handful of students who plays Bobby the Beacon at campus events.
- Chancellor, Provost to Sport UMass Boston-Designed Ties at Commencement
The Chancellor's Office commissioned Assistant Professor of Costume Design Rafael Jaen to design 50th anniversary ties and scarves for commencement.
- Graduation Dinner
The UMass Club on Franklin Street in Boston is inviting all UMass Boston graduates to join them for a three-course dinner following commencement. Reservations are being taken from 3 to 8 p.m.
- Graduate Fair
Pick up your cap and gown, check your holds with the Registrar’s Office, speak to Career Services about your resume, connect with the Alumni Association, purchase your class ring, and more.
- EPA Chief Gina McCarthy to Speak at 2015 UMass Boston Commencement
Regina “Gina” McCarthy ’76, administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, will deliver the keynote address at the University of Massachusetts Boston’s 47th commencement on Friday, May 29 at the TD Garden.
- Celebrate 100 Days to Graduation
Stay on track for your final destination: graduation. Staff from around campus will help with graduation and resume quick checks, check for holds, and give you the details on the big day.
- Philip Puccia MBA ‘96 Addresses Class of 2014
Distinguished Alumnus of the College of Management, Philip Puccia, MBA Class of 1995, offered remarks at the CM Commencement Ceremony
- Outstanding Students Win Awards at Graduation
The Economics Department once again honored outstanding BA students at graduation.
- UMass Boston Celebrates 50th Anniversary on WUMB and Online
Tune in to WUMB 91.9 FM this summer to hear a slice of UMass Boston history.
- Winning Gerontology Papers Address Caring for Aging Veterans and Intergenerational Programs
This year's winning Gerontology capstone papers address caring for aging veterans and offering intergenerational community programs.
- Longtime Professors Chen, Fay, and Lynde Honored With Chancellor’s Awards at Commencement
Three members of the UMass Boston faculty were recognized for their outstanding teaching, research, and service by Chancellor J. Keith Motley and Provost Winston Langley.
- Commencement Speaker Figueres: Class of 2014 Must Exercise ‘Power of Choice’
UMass Boston commencement speaker Christiana Figueres urged the 3,994 graduates to exercise "their power of choice."
- Grad Student, Guide Dog Lead McCormack Graduates at UMass Boston’s Commencement
There was no mistaking the whistles that greeted William and Marshall O'Donnell as they crossed the stage to receive their diplomas during the McCormack Graduate School of Policy and Global Studies commencement ceremony.
- UMass Boston’s College of Management Celebrates Spring Convocation
On May 27, the College of Management celebrated the 2014 Convocation Award and Scholarship winners.
- Record 3,994 Students Graduate From UMass Boston on Friday
Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, delivered the keynote address at the University of Massachusetts Boston’s 46th commencement on Friday. Degrees were conferred to 3,994 UMass Boston graduates during the ceremony.
- Keynote Speaker Christiana Figueres’ Address to UMass Boston’s Class of 2014
"There is no greater power than the power of choice," Christiana Figureres told UMass Boston graduates during the principal address of the university's 46th commencement exercises.
- JFK Winner Shaun O’Grady’s Speech at UMass Boston’s 46th Commencement
Read Shaun O'Grady's message to the Class of 2014.
- Grad Student, Guide Dog to Receive Diplomas at UMass Boston’s Commencement May 30
William O’Donnell and his guide dog Marshall will lead the graduating students from the McCormack Graduate School of Public Policy and Global Studies into UMass Boston’s main commencement ceremony on Friday, May 30.
- Climate Change Expert Christiana Figueres to Speak at UMass Boston Commencement
3,863 students will receive their degrees at University of Massachusetts Boston's 46th commencement ceremony, to be held Friday, May 30.
- 2014 Commencement
The main ceremony begins at 9:30 a.m. and will be held outside, rain or shine. About 30 minutes after the main ceremony concludes, the colleges will have individual ceremonies.
- Christiana Figueres Returns to UMass Boston as Commencement Speaker
Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) will be the keynote speaker at the 46th commencement ceremonies at the University of Massachusetts Boston on May 30.
- A Day of Firsts for Many in UMass Boston’s Class of 2013
More than half of this year's graduates were the first in their families to earn a college degree, and some online learners were getting their first good look at the seaside campus.
- Dean Ira Jackson Shares Career Experiences and Leadership Lessons with Graduates
McCormack Grad School dean shares life lessons on imagination, perseverance, and leadership.
- Chancellor Motley to UMass Boston Class of 2013: “I Want Them To Hear You on Nantucket”
Unusual sorrow, unrestrained joy were side by side among the 10,000 in attendance for UMass Boston's spring commencement.
- Bandopadhyaya, Roemer, Watanabe Receive Distinguished Faculty Awards at Commencement
The three UMass Boston professors were honored for extraordinary contributions in teaching, research, and service at the 45th commencement exercises on May 31.
- In Commencement Address, Environmental Leader Calls for New Political Economy
Gus Speth calls for a new economic model prioritizing people, place, and planet, over profits, product, and power.
- 16 McCormack Students Receive Special Awards at Commencement
Master's and doctoral students are recognized for outstanding scholarship, service, leadership, and innovation at graduation ceremony,
- UMass Boston Awards Former Student Krystle Campbell with Posthumous Degree; Scholarship Fund Set Up
Chancellor J. Keith Motley awarded a posthumous bachelor of arts degree to former student Krystle Campbell, a victim of the April 15 bombing attacks at the Boston Marathon.
- Summer Weather Greets 3,600 Graduates at UMass Boston Commencement
Speaker Gus Speth tells new graduates to measure wealth by people, not possessions
- UMass Boston Student Alyssa Trinidad Among “29 Who Shine” in 2013
Alyssa Trinidad, a management major from Winthrop, is the “29 Who Shine” award winner from the University of Massachusetts Boston.
- James Gustave Speth to Deliver 2013 UMass Boston Commencement Address
Chancellor J. Keith Motley has announced that James Gustave “Gus” Speth, co-founder of the Natural Resources Defense Council and the World Resources Institute, will deliver the principal address at the University of Massachusetts Boston’s 45th commencement ceremonies on Friday, May 31, 2013.
- UMass Boston Graduates Urged to Lead at 44th Commencement Ceremony
More than 3,800 students received degrees, making them the largest graduating class in university history.
- JFK Award Winner Tells Fellow Graduates to ‘Be the Change’
Social psychology major Albert Chen is this year's John F. Kennedy Award winner — the highest honor given to a UMass Boston undergraduate student.
- University College Confers First Degrees and Certificates at Commencement
This year's 44th Commencement at UMass Boston marked a milestone for University College (UC) as it conferred honors on its first graduates.
- UMass Boston Commencement 2012: By the Numbers
Get the statistical breakdown on the university's biggest day of the year.
- Four Extraordinary Faculty Earn Chancellor’s Awards
Four UMass Boston faculty members were honored at commencement June 1 with the annual Chancellor’s Awards for Distinguished Teaching, Scholarship, and Service.
- Stories from UMass Boston’s 44th Commencement
Read what UMass Boston graduates had to say on their commencement day.
- Former UN Under-Secretary-General Speaks at UMass Boston’s 44th Commencement
Chancellor J. Keith Motley announced that Ambassador Anwarul Karim Chowdhury, a former president of the United Nations (UN) Security Council, delivered the principal address at the University of Massachusetts Boston’s 44th commencement ceremonies on Friday, June 1.
- JFK Winner Albert Chen’s Speech at UMass Boston’s 44th Commencement
This is the text of JFK Award Winner Albert Chen's speech to the University of Massachusetts Boston's Class of 2012.
- UMass Boston to Celebrate 44th Commencement on June 1
UMass Boston’s Campus Center lawn will be transformed into a stage for the largest event of the year, as more than 3,800 students receive their degrees.
- Graduates Encouraged to Make a Difference at 43rd Commencement Ceremony
The work has just begun for UMass Boston's Class of 2011. That was the message principal speaker Dr. Muriel Howard delivered.
- JFK Winner Alia MacPherson’s Speech at UMass Boston’s 43rd Commencement
This is the text of JFK Award Winner Alia MacPherson's speech to the University of Massachusetts Boston's Class of 2011.
- Dr. Muriel Howard Delivers 2011 UMass Boston Commencement Address
Outgoing UMass President Jack Wilson was awarded a surprise Chancellor's Medal at his last commencement at the University of Massachusetts Boston.
- UMass Boston to Celebrate 43rd Commencement on June 3
Dr. Muriel Howard is the principal speaker for the University of Massachusetts Boston's 43rd Commencement ceremony.
- Dr. Muriel Howard to Deliver 2011 UMass Boston Commencement Address
Dr. Muriel Howard, president of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities, will deliver the principal address for Commencement 2011.
- Chancellor Delivers Honorary Degree to Buddhist Leader, Cultivates International Ties
Chancellor J. Keith Motley and others from UMass Boston traveled to Tokyo to present an honorary degree to Buddhist leader and scholar Daisaku Ikeda.
- JFK Award Winner to Join the Battle against HIV/AIDS
Thao Xuan Do, the 34th JFK Award winner, was unable to speak any English when she came to America from Vietnam six years ago.
- Graduates Told to Celebrate Diversity, Make a Difference at 42nd Commencement Ceremony
Graduates hailing from as near as Dorchester and as far as Vietnam were told to embrace their diversity and strive to make a difference in their communities.