Tag: Community Engagement
- Feed the Hungry, Build Leadership Skills at Campus Kitchen of UMass Boston
Campus Kitchen at UMass Boston is a student-powered effort, with volunteers identifying what food can be recovered from the dining hall, local restaurants, and supermarkets; preparing that food during regular cooking shifts; and then delivering the food to senior and youth centers.
- 2016 Oxfam Hunger Banquet
This is an interactive experience for students to see what it's like to be part of a different social class, and the effects that has on how you get your daily meal.
- Massachusetts Native Peoples Working Groups
Join the ongoing discussion about responding to challenges facing the Native population in Massachusetts.
- Nominate Students for 2016 Beacon Leadership Awards
Nominations are being accepted through March 4 for the annual Beacon Leadership Awards, which will be given out on Tuesday, May 3 at 5 p.m. in the Campus Center Ballroom.
- NERCHE Director to Be Honored for Lifetime Commitment to Community Engagement
The Academy of Community Engagement Scholarship (ACES) will induct John Saltmarsh as a member of its second class during a ceremony at Pennsylvania State University on Wednesday.
- Center for Social Policy Symposium Showcases Current Research
Attendees at CSP's annual symposium Center shared ideas and experiences relating to the root causes of poverty and family instability.
- McCormack Graduate School Produces New Map to Showcase Local and Global Engagement
From New England to New Zealand, check out this map of McCormack's research and service projects.
- AmeriCorps Opportunities Fair
Join the Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement and Career Services and Internships to learn about full and part-time opportunities through AmeriCorps.
- 4th Annual Community-Engaged Partnerships Symposium
UMass Boston received three awards recognizing community engagement this year. University and community partners are invited to come to this partner appreciation celebration and poster reception.
- UMass Boston Alumna: Emerging Leader, Lifelong Learner, Volunteer Extraordinaire
Meet Nulise François and discover how she has put her UMass Boston degrees and graduate certificates to good work.
- UMass Boston Hosts Global Peace Conference in Belfast, Northern Ireland
McCormack Graduate School’s Padraig O’Malley leads the annual Forum for Cities in Transition.
- Two McCormack Housing Experts Named to Mayor-Elect Walsh’s Transition Team
Center for Social Policy director and senior fellow will advise new mayor on solutions to homelessness in Boston.
- Walking the Talk, McCormack Grad School Holiday Service Project Helps Homeless
McCormack faculty, staff, students and alums seek gift donations for Homes for Families and Project Hope.
- Project Serve Volunteer Opportunity: Plan for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk
Join Project Serve, part of UMass Boston's Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement, and prep for the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event.
- POSTPONED: McCormack Leadership Series: The Boston Foundation in Our City
Please stay tuned as we reschedule this event planned for October 17 with Paul Grogan
- UMass Boston’s Policy School Showcases Community Partnerships
At recent UMass Boston event, McCormack Grad School showcases their community engagement activities.