Tag: Community Partnerships
- BPS Students and UMass Boston PhD Student Equate to Winning Formula
Two Boston Latin Academy students have teamed with third year Chemistry PhD student Raúl Orduña Picónto to get their science fair project ready next month's state and international competitions.
- Event Focuses on Enhancing Community Engagement
Members of the university and neighboring communities gathered in UMass Boston’s Alumni Lounge to explore ways to enhance community engagement and collaboration.
- McCormack’s Community Mediation Grant Program Shows Large Return on Investment
MOPC reports back to state officials about the impact the public funding has made in providing conflict resolution services to local courts and communities.
- AG Healey, 3Point Foundation, UMass Boston Announce New Youth Anti-Violence Program
Attorney General Maura Healey today announced a new innovative partnership with the 3Point Foundation and UMass Boston aimed at preventing and reducing youth gun violence in the state’s urban areas.
- Office of Public Collaboration Determines Grant Funding for Community Mediation Centers
MOPC distributes and administers awards for more than $500K in critical funding statewide.
- The Mobility Project: Providing Opportunities for Our Kids
A pioneering approach to economic mobility, this new initiative works with community partners to improve economic opportunity in metro Boston.
- UMass Boston and GBLN Research Shows Latinos Underrepresented in City Leadership
The new study led to the creation of a Boston Diversity and Inclusion Team
- URBAN Boston Workshop: Creating and using community-based data
Join others learning to use community-based data for measurable, breakthrough results!
- Real ‘Law & Order’ Gives Insight to UMass Boston Students Pursuing Law Enforcement, Legal Careers
The Massachusetts Appeals Court was in session last month in UMass Boston’s Campus Center Ballroom. The appeals court holds about a half dozen sessions outside of John Adams Courthouse in Boston each year, which the justices affectionately refer to as “road shows.”
- Calderwood-UMass Boston Writing Centers Expand to Snowden International
Students at the University of Massachusetts Boston are serving as reading and writing tutors at three area high schools this fall, including the Muriel Sutherland Snowden International School at Copley.
- Conversations Between Communities: UMass Boston Archaeology for/with the Nipmuc and Eastern Pequot
The Institute for New England Native American Studies cosponsors this panel discussion and a month long photography and artifact exhibit in UMass Boston's Healey Library.
- Massachusetts Appeals Court to Return to UMass Boston Oct. 18
The Massachusetts Appeals Court returns to the University of Massachusetts Boston on Friday, October 18 to hear criminal and civil cases.
- MA Appeals Court Sitting at UMass Boston
Come hear a case and experience the judicial process firsthand!
- UMass Boston’s Diversity and Student Outreach Initiatives Studied on a Global Scale
Margaret Fairman, director of the Office of Prospective Students & Scholarship at the University of Queensland, Australia, visited UMass Boston earlier this month to obtain information on programs aimed at recruiting and retaining minority youth.
- UMass Boston Faculty and Staff Collaborate on Community Partnerships
More than 200 UMass Boston faculty, staff, and students took part in the university's first ever Community-Engaged Partnerships Symposium.
- UMass Boston Hosts Massachusetts Court of Appeals
The Massachusetts Court of Appeals will hear five cases March 5 on the UMass Boston campus on topics ranging from an officer’s frisking of a defendant to a question over Miranda rights to accidental disability retirement benefits.