Tag: Community Relations
- UMass Boston Hosts Annual Community Meeting
The University of Massachusetts Boston will host a community meeting Wednesday, April 29, from 6-7:30 p.m. in the Campus Center Ballroom.
- Revamped Overcoming Violence Program Making an Impact in Boston City Schools
Members of the Boston Police Department and the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office say the violence prevention curriculum for Boston middle- and high-school students updated by UMass Boston and its partners last fall is already making an impact.
- UMass Boston and Partners Unveil Updated Violence Prevention Curriculum for Boston Schools
UMass Boston and its partners unveiled an updated violence prevention curriculum for Boston middle- and high-schoolers on Thursday, which includes a billboard campaign and a video.
- Community Relations Welcomes Future Law Enforcement Students
Students in the Suffolk County Sheriff’s Department’s Summer Enrichment Program toured the UMass Boston campus this month.
- Hyde Park Green Team Studies Water Quality, Storm Water Runoff
This marks the fifth year of a partnership between UMass Boston's Office of Community Relations, the Department of Recreation and Conservation, and the Southwest Boston Community Development Corporation.
- UMass Boston Student-Athletes Scare Up Fun at BPD’s Halloween Open House
After prisoners were transported to other facilities, the officers converted the holding cells into a haunted house, complete with spider webs, a spooky soundtrack, and roaming UMass Boston students providing some extra scares.
- Social Media: What’s Next?
Businesses need to identify social media trends early and devise a strategy accordingly. Join UMass Boston and experts from Google, HubSpot, and others to learn about the future of social media.
- 26th Annual Book Fair Shows “It Takes a Team to Raise a Child”
Coordinator of Community Services Alkia Powell attended the 26th annual Charles C. Yancey Book Fair in Roxbury.
- Community Relations on Hand for Moynihan Spray Deck Opening in Hyde Park
Associate Director of Community Relations and Economic Development Phillip Carver joined state and local leaders in celebrating the opening of the new Moynihan Spray Deck in Hyde Park.
- Former Celtics Player Chris Herren Launches Project Purple at UMass Boston
Former Boston Celtics and Denver Nuggets player Chris Herren visited the University of Massachusetts Boston April 23 to kick off Project Purple, his new anti-subtance abuse awareness campaign.
- ADA Daniel Mulhern Receives Quinn Award at UMass Boston’s 26th Community Breakfast
UMass Boston honored Assistant District Attorney Daniel P. Mulhern and Carlos Vargas, president of Vargas & Vargas, at its annual Community Breakfast March 27.
- UMass Boston Honors Housing Advocate with Quinn Award at 25th Annual Community Breakfast
Chancellor J. Keith Motley awarded East Boston resident Mossik Hacobian with the Robert H. Quinn Award for Outstanding Community Leadership.
- Veterans Advocate and Hospital Senior VP Honored at 2010 Community Breakfast
Chancellor J. Keith Motley awarded Thomas J. Lyons with the Robert H. Quinn Award for Outstanding Community Leadership.