Tag: Community Relations
- UMass Boston Hosts District Attorney Dan Conley’s 8th Annual Basketball For Peace Tournament
Representatives from the Suffolk County District Attorney's Office, UMass Boston Athletics, the Office of Community Relations, and Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office, as well as former New England Patriot Jermaine Wiggins and 100 youth converged on campus for basketball and bonding Friday.
- UMass Boston Honors Community Leader Pat O’Neill with Quinn Award at Annual Community Breakfast
University of Massachusetts Boston Chancellor J. Keith Motley honored Patricia “Pat” O’Neill, a lifelong Dorchester resident and community leader, with the Robert H. Quinn Award for Outstanding Community Leadership.
- UMass Boston Hosts Sixth Annual Veterans’ Welcome Home Breakfast
This annual event honors the work of veterans in the Boston community
- Office of Community Relations Celebrates Chancellor’s Holiday Card Contest Participants
Each year the university’s Office of Community Relations selects a group of children to draw holiday-themed pictures of what a “winter wonderland” looks like to them. This year's student artists attend the John J. McGlynn Elementary School in Medford.
- UMass Boston Staff Member Honored as NAACP Difference Maker
The Boston branch of the NAACP recognized Alkia Powell, coordinator of community services at UMass Boston, as a 2015 Difference Maker at their Annual Freedom Fund Dinner earlier this month.
- UMass Boston Hosts Annual Community Meeting
The University of Massachusetts Boston will host a community meeting Wednesday, April 29, from 6-7:30 p.m. in the Campus Center Ballroom.
- Revamped Overcoming Violence Program Making an Impact in Boston City Schools
Members of the Boston Police Department and the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office say the violence prevention curriculum for Boston middle- and high-school students updated by UMass Boston and its partners last fall is already making an impact.
- UMass Boston and Partners Unveil Updated Violence Prevention Curriculum for Boston Schools
UMass Boston and its partners unveiled an updated violence prevention curriculum for Boston middle- and high-schoolers on Thursday, which includes a billboard campaign and a video.
- Community Relations Welcomes Future Law Enforcement Students
Students in the Suffolk County Sheriff’s Department’s Summer Enrichment Program toured the UMass Boston campus this month.
- Hyde Park Green Team Studies Water Quality, Storm Water Runoff
This marks the fifth year of a partnership between UMass Boston's Office of Community Relations, the Department of Recreation and Conservation, and the Southwest Boston Community Development Corporation.
- UMass Boston Student-Athletes Scare Up Fun at BPD’s Halloween Open House
After prisoners were transported to other facilities, the officers converted the holding cells into a haunted house, complete with spider webs, a spooky soundtrack, and roaming UMass Boston students providing some extra scares.
- Social Media: What’s Next?
Businesses need to identify social media trends early and devise a strategy accordingly. Join UMass Boston and experts from Google, HubSpot, and others to learn about the future of social media.
- 26th Annual Book Fair Shows “It Takes a Team to Raise a Child”
Coordinator of Community Services Alkia Powell attended the 26th annual Charles C. Yancey Book Fair in Roxbury.
- Community Relations on Hand for Moynihan Spray Deck Opening in Hyde Park
Associate Director of Community Relations and Economic Development Phillip Carver joined state and local leaders in celebrating the opening of the new Moynihan Spray Deck in Hyde Park.
- Former Celtics Player Chris Herren Launches Project Purple at UMass Boston
Former Boston Celtics and Denver Nuggets player Chris Herren visited the University of Massachusetts Boston April 23 to kick off Project Purple, his new anti-substance abuse awareness campaign.
- ADA Daniel Mulhern Receives Quinn Award at UMass Boston’s 26th Community Breakfast
UMass Boston honored Assistant District Attorney Daniel P. Mulhern and Carlos Vargas, president of Vargas & Vargas, at its annual Community Breakfast March 27.
- UMass Boston Honors Housing Advocate with Quinn Award at 25th Annual Community Breakfast
Chancellor J. Keith Motley awarded East Boston resident Mossik Hacobian with the Robert H. Quinn Award for Outstanding Community Leadership.
- Veterans Advocate and Hospital Senior VP Honored at 2010 Community Breakfast
Chancellor J. Keith Motley awarded Thomas J. Lyons with the Robert H. Quinn Award for Outstanding Community Leadership.