Tag: Computer Science
- Faculty Research Celebration Highlights Mentorship On Campus
On May 2, Chancellor J. Keith Motley and the Friends of the Library hosted the annual Faculty Research Celebration in the Integrated Sciences Complex.
- Computer Science Students to Represent UMass Boston in Supercomputing Competition
Two UMass Boston undergraduate computer science students are part of a team that’s going to Salt Lake City this weekend to compete in the prestigious Student Cluster Competition.
- New Mathematical Models Show that Networks Promote Cooperation
Research has implications for how cells, humans cooperate in groups
- UMass Boston’s CyberWarriors Win Qualifying Round of Cyber Defense Competition
For the first time, computer science students from UMass Boston have placed first in the qualifying round of the Northeast Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition, besting 14 other teams, including teams from cybersecurity powerhouses like Northeastern University and Rochester Institute of Technology.
- Sanofi Genzyme Fellows Prepare for Research and Future Careers
A total of 20 graduate and undergraduate Sanofi Genzyme Research Fellows are working on advanced research in life sciences in CSM.
- UMass Boston Students Excel in Cybersecurity Competitions
Students majoring in information technology and computer science compete in team and individual competitions.
- Undergraduates Collaborate with Peers in Scotland
Poster session celebrates exchange program with Glasgow Caledonian University.
- Glasgow Exchange Students Bring New Perspectives to UMass Boston
Exchange includes 80 students in Boston and Glasgow, Scotland.
- Faculty Profile: Marc Pomplun Works on Cutting Edge Human Vision Research
Associate Professor of Computer Science Marc Pomplun has become known around the university community for his cutting edge human vision research.