- 2015 Fall Convocation
Join Chancellor Motley for the annual fall convocation breakfast and address.
- Chancellor Motley: On 50th Anniversary, Golden Age Is Ahead
As the University of Massachusetts Boston celebrates its 50th anniversary, Chancellor J. Keith Motley says the golden age of the university is yet to come.
- Former UNESCO Chief Federico Mayor Asks Convocation Audience to “Create Culture of Peace”
The activist and scholar told a UMass Boston audience that the world must "build peace instead of preparing war"
- Fall Convocation Kicks Off New Academic Year on Thursday
UMass Boston will welcome Federico Mayor, former head of UNESCO, to campus for a keynote address.
- Fall 2014 Convocation
Chancellor J. Keith Motley invites you to attend the events of convocation morning, Thursday, September 11, 2014, in the Campus Center Ballroom.
- UMass Boston’s College of Management Celebrates Spring Convocation
On May 27, the College of Management celebrated the 2014 Convocation Award and Scholarship winners.
- Chancellor Assesses Campus Environment During 2013 Convocation
As UMass Boston Chancellor J. Keith Motley took stock of the university’s physical, academic, and cultural environment on Thursday, one of the winners of the university’s first Joint and Common Future Award identified UMass Boston as an institution from which others can learn.
- 2013 Welcome Week Events: September 12
Hear Chancellor Motley lay out his vision for the 2013-2014 year at convocation, then join him for a free BBQ lunch. New students will receive their official UMass Boston pins at a 3:30 p.m. ceremony.
- Fall 2013 Convocation
Join Chancellor J. Keith Motley on Thursday, September 12 for the annual fall convocation.
- McCormack Graduate School Honors Three Top Master’s Students at Recent Convocation
Three UMass Boston graduate policy students earn book awards.
- Health Reform Architect Rosemarie Day Speaks at UMass Boston Convocation
Day Was Second Person Hired for Commonwealth Connector
- Chancellor Motley, Rosemarie Day to Speak at UMass Boston’s Fall Convocation
University of Massachusetts Boston Chancellor J. Keith Motley will deliver his annual fall convocation address to students, staff, faculty, and guests tomorrow, September 13, the official kick-off to the 2012-2013 academic year.
- 2012 Welcome Week Events: September 13
UMass Boston ends Welcome Week with convocation addresses, a BBQ, a dessert reception for new, first-year freshmen, and movies under the stars for everyone.
- CNHS Winter Convocation
The College of Nursing and Health Sciences will be celebrating students graduating this winter.
- Chancellor Motley Defines The University
Chancellor J. Keith Motley updated the community and laid out his vision for this year and beyond at the 2011 Fall Convocation.
- Elizabeth Warren Tells Students to Fight for Causes They Believe In
Elizabeth Warren shared her story of perseverance and opportunity with an audience of more than 700 at UMass Boston's Fall Convocation.
- Fall Convocation
Join Chancellor J. Keith Motley as he updates the community and lays out his vision for this year and beyond
- Chancellor Motley: Research As An Approach To Life
Chancellor J. Keith Motley led the celebration of the start of the 2010-2011 academic year at UMass Boston's Convocation.
- Chancellor Motley Kicks off New Year
Chancellor Motley's convocation address highlighted recent accomplishments, and challenged listeners to expand their vision of UMass Boston’s urban mission.