- Professor Arthur Eisenkraft to Receive National Science Board Public Service Award
The award honors exemplary public service in promoting public understanding of science and engineering.
- COSMIC Physics Curriculum to be Taught Across Thailand
40 teachers and 30 school principals gathered in Bangkok to learn to teach lessons from Active Physics, which is being translated into Thai.
- Ninth Annual Research Celebration Highlights Faculty Achievements
On December 1, UMass Boston cheered on its star researchers at Annual Research Celebration.
- UMass Boston Celebrates COSMIC’s 10th Anniversary; Kicks Off UTeach at UMass Boston
On Thursday, the Center for Science and Mathematics in Context celebrated its 10th anniversary, as well as its newest program, UTeach at UMass Boston.
- UTeach Program Expands to UMass Boston
The grant will help prepare teachers in STEM fields.
- UMass Boston and Wipro Team Up to Empower Science Teachers
20 teachers from five school districts joined the professional development program this spring.
- UMass Boston and Wipro Announce Fellowships to Enhance Science Education
By the end of the two-year program, fellows will lead professional workshops for Massachusetts science teachers in their school districts.
- Eisenkraft Gets $3M Grant to Study Science Teachers’ Professional Development
The four-year study coincides with rare, notable changes to the Advanced Placement tests for biology, chemistry, and physics.
- UMass Boston, Wipro Officially Sign STEM Education Pact
Collaboration will train science teachers in New York and Boston
- UMass Boston and Wipro Launch Fellowship Program on Science Education for School Teachers
Wipro Ltd and the University of Massachusetts Boston today jointly announced the launch of a 12-month fellowship program in the US to train 120 school teachers over three years, with the objective of facilitating excellence in science education among students from disadvantaged areas of Boston.