- Working Toward the “Common Good”: Commonwealth Diversity Fellows Program Expands in 2015
A select group of outstanding and highly motivated students have the opportunity to experience firsthand the administration of state government in the commonwealth.
- Revamped Overcoming Violence Program Making an Impact in Boston City Schools
Members of the Boston Police Department and the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office say the violence prevention curriculum for Boston middle- and high-school students updated by UMass Boston and its partners last fall is already making an impact.
- Professor Miren Uriarte Appointed to Boston School Committee
Mayor Martin J. Walsh has appointed Professor of Human Services Miren Uriarte to the Boston School Committee, the governing body of the Boston Public Schools (BPS).
- UMass Boston and GBLN Research Shows Latinos Underrepresented in City Leadership
The new study led to the creation of a Boston Diversity and Inclusion Team
- UMass Boston Gerontology Students Raise Funds for Alzheimer’s Association
McCormack and CPCS students walked to raise over $2400 for a great cause,
- CPCS Alumni and Student Career Networking Event
Envision the possibilities! Join CPCS alumni and students to explore meaningful career pathways, network, and learn more about what your major can do for you.
- CPCS Daytime Information Session at 150 Mt. Vernon Street, Dorchester
Learn more about Degree and Certificate programs at the College of Public and Community Service
- CPCS Alumnus Chris Hoeh receives National Teaching Award
Teaching Tolerance and the Southern Poverty Law Center honor educators as social justice experts
- Youth Opinion Matters Conference
Civic engagement students and youth come together to "respond" to the issue of violence in their communities with a day of basketball clinics, campus tours, an essay contest, and discussion.
- UMass Boston Offers New Community Development Major
“It was important to create a major to meet the community development demands of the 21st century that prepares students to promote and facilitate community empowerment,” said Anna Madison, interim dean of the College of Public and Community Service.
- CPCS Information Session
Learn about degrees in community development and human services in the College of Public and Community Service.
- UMass Boston Students Collaborate on Thanksgiving Meals for Harbor Point
CPCS students teamed up with Boston Public Schools students, the UMass Boston men's hockey team, and members of The3PointFoundation to prepare Thanksgiving meals for Harbor Point residents on Tuesday.
- Professor Siqueira Speaks at the 2nd Semana de Saúde Coletiva in Brazil
Professor Eduardo Siqueira participated as a speaker at the 2nd Semana de Saúde Coletiva in Mato Grosso, Brazil in November.
- Public Policy Dissertation Proposal Defense on Gentrification in Jamaica Plain
Jennifer Douglas will present her research proposal on real estate actors and policies in this Boston neighborhood.
- CPCS Alumni Reflect on Past, Look Ahead to Future
The College of Public and Community Service's alumni reception was a chance for Interim Dean Anna Madison to tell alumni about the college’s current offerings and future plans.
- Informational Luncheon: MS Program in Human Services
Are you an employee at UMass Boston? Come have lunch with us and learn how this graduate degree can further your career!
- Reach of Service-Learning Programs Expands at UMass Boston
When you’re one of Professor of Human Services Joan Arches’s students, only part of your time is spent in a UMass Boston classroom.
- Commonwealth Diversity Fellows Program Seeking Applicants
The Commonwealth Diversity Fellows Program provides individuals with a a firsthand, high-level internship experience with the workings of state government.
- Jeff Biggers, author of “State out of the Union”
Come Discuss the In-Depth Study of the so-called "Immigration Crisis" in Arizona with acclaimed journalist and commentator, Jeff Biggers
- Mayor Menino to Declare Thursday College of Public and Community Service Day in Boston
Boston Mayor and College of Public and Community Service alumnus Thomas Menino will declare Thursday, April 26 College of Public and Community Service Day in Boston, the same day the college will host a showcase of its four undergraduate programs and master’s program in human services.
- CPCS Spring Showcase
The faculty, staff, and students of the College of Public and Community Service invite faculty to celebrate their 40th year.