Tag: Creative Writing
- Poetry in 140 Characters in Second Annual Twitter Contest
The winners of the creative writing programs-sponsored Twitter Poetry Contest had to contend with Twitter’s strict character limit.
- 2015 Twitter Poetry Contest Entry Deadline
Submit a poem of exactly 140 characters (including spaces) and win $100. Sponsored by the Creative Writing and MFA programs. Deadline: February 27, 2015 at 5 p.m.
- Twitter Poetry Contest Returns; Win Up to $100 in Gift Cards
UMass Boston undergraduates have until Friday, February 27 to submit up to three poems, using exactly 140 characters.
- Creativity, Brevity Keys to Annual Six-Word Story Contest
UMass Boston students submitted a record 340 entries for the annual contract.
- UMass Boston MFA Alumna Receives Rona Jaffe Foundation Writers’ Award
Danielle Jones-Pruett will receive $30,000 to fund the research and writing of a book of poetry about her Alabama hometown.
- Former MFA Visiting Writer Earns Spot on National Book Award Shortlist
Cambridge-based poet Fanny Howe has won acclaim for her book "Second Childhood."
- Reading of 2014 Six Word Story Contest Winners
Come hear the top 20 entries of the MFA and Undergraduate Creative Writing Programs' annual Six Word Story Contest.
- Twitter Poetry Contest
Submit a poem of exactly 140 characters (including spaces) and win $100. Sponsored by the Creative Writing Program. Deadline: February 21, 2014
- Tell Me a (Six-Word) Story
Ernest Hemingway once wrote a story that was only six words long. In that spirit, UMass Boston's Creative Writing Program has hosted its second annual six-word story contest.
- Spring 2012 Global Voices Reading Series
Readings featuring E.C. Osondu, Gail Mazur, Martha Collins, Charles Bock, and more
- Afaa Michael Weaver reads as part of the Global Voices Reading Series
Poet Afaa Michael Weaver reads from his work
- 2011 Global Voices Reading Series
2011 Global Voices Reading Series