Tag: Criminal Justice
- Sociology Colloquium Series: David Brotherton
Imagining Gangs: From Folk Devils, "Bad Immigrants" to Agents of Resistance
- Sociology Department Colloquium Series: Jamie Fader
Community Reentry of Inner-City Youth: The Limits of Deterrence
- Real ‘Law & Order’ Gives Insight to UMass Boston Students Pursuing Law Enforcement, Legal Careers
The Massachusetts Appeals Court was in session last month in UMass Boston’s Campus Center Ballroom. The appeals court holds about a half dozen sessions outside of John Adams Courthouse in Boston each year, which the justices affectionately refer to as “road shows.”
- Massachusetts Appeals Court to Return to UMass Boston Oct. 18
The Massachusetts Appeals Court returns to the University of Massachusetts Boston on Friday, October 18 to hear criminal and civil cases.
- Defendants, Prosecutors Get Day in Court at UMass Boston
UMass Boston’s Healey Library was transformed into a courtroom March 5, when the Massachusetts Appeals Court held session there.
- UMass Boston Hosts Massachusetts Court of Appeals
The Massachusetts Court of Appeals will hear five cases March 5 on the UMass Boston campus on topics ranging from an officer’s frisking of a defendant to a question over Miranda rights to accidental disability retirement benefits.