- UMass Boston to Host July Conference on Rebuilding Afghanistan
CRSCAD to host international conference “Rebuilding Sustainable Communities in Afghanistan: The Way Forward" on July 27.
- Courses in Global Post-Disaster Studies Serve Wide Range of Students
Students in the new master’s degree program in urban planning and community development can enroll in three of CRSCAD’s courses.
- Cambridge Scholars Publishing Showcases CRSCAD Series as Feature Books
Rebuilding Sustainable Communities after Disasters book series selected for inaugural feature in publisher's advertising campaign.
- UMass Boston’s Conference on Disaster Management Highlights Haiti
A panelist at the Center for Rebuilding Sustainable Communities after Disasters conference says in Haiti, “risk is hyper-localized and deeply personal.”
- UMass Boston Hosts International Conference on Disaster Preparedness and Response
Center for Rebuilding Sustainable Communities after Disasters event features keynote speakers and panelists from across the globe.
- UMass Boston Professor Delivers Featured Speech at DC Homeland Security 2013 Conference
CRSCAD's Adenrele Awotona shares his expertise on disaster preparedness and response at an international conference.
- Welcome Back Community Breakfast
What's Brewing at McCormack? Join us for breakfast and find out!
- Post-Earthquake New Zealand, From “New Normal” to Sustainable Future
Emergency manager and business continuity planner Esther Newman shares stories of New Zealand's post-earthquake recovery and restoration at UMass Boston.
- McCormack Grad School Director Briefs Russian Delegation on Emergency Management
At Boston FEMA event, Professor Awotona shares expertise on post-disaster reconstruction with Russian ministers.
- Awotona Speaks at the National Conference on Science, Policy and the Environment
CRSCAD Director Adenrele Awotona lectures on disaster planning for urban slums at recent DC conference.
- Awotona’s Book on Post-Disaster Reconstruction Chosen as Critics’ Choice Book of the Month
CRSCAD director's edited collection receives accolades
- MGS Poverty Policy Experts to Speak at Carter Center on Post-Katrina Disaster Relief Issues
Friedman and Tripp will deliver keynote address on constituent involvement at "Not Meant to Live Like This" conference
- UMass Boston Hosts International Conference on Rebuilding China, Japan after Disasters
Learn best practices in reducing the socio-economic impact of disasters on vulnerable communities in China
- Disaster Mitigation, Preparedness, Response and Sustainable Reconstruction International Conference
May 2014 international workshop explores the role of architectural, planning, and engineering education
- Book on Post-Disaster Recovery Published
Rebuilding Sustainable Communities with Vulnerable Populations after the Cameras Have Gone, a product of the Center for Rebuilding Sustainable Communities after Disasters (CRSCAD) at University of Massachusetts Boston, was published Wednesday in the United Kingdom.
- Rebuilding Sustainable Communities after Disasters in China: Best Practices and Lessons Learned
Examine proven strategies to reduce the socio-economic impact of various forms of disasters on vulnerable communities in China.
- International Workshop Examines Post-Disaster Rebuilding in Japan and Global Social Vulnerabilities
The Japan earthquake took center stage at an international workshop hosted by the Center for Rebuilding Sustainable Communities After Disasters last month.
- Policy Leaders Worldwide Converge to Resolve Post-disaster Issues of Social Vulnerability
The Center for Rebuilding Sustainable Communities after Disasters is sponsoring an international conference November 17-18, 2011.
- International Conference at UMass Boston Spotlights New Paradigm in Preparedness
UMass Boston sponsored an international conference on Rebuilding Sustainable Communities with the Elderly and Disabled People after Disasters in July.