Tag: Crystal Schaaf
- Professor Schaaf Leads Royal Society Workshop on Terrestrial Laser Scanning Technology
Professor of Remote Sensing Crystal Schaaf is in the United Kingdom this week, for a workshop she co-convened for the Royal Society. The workshop was on Schaaf’s area of expertise – terrestrial laser scanning technology that sends out pulses of light and creates a 360-degree, 3D picture.
- UMass Boston Graduate Students Produce 3D Models of Protected Costa Rican Areas
UMass Boston's data collection will aid efforts to quantify and model the carbon storage capacity of the tropics.
- UMass Boston PhD Student Awarded NASA Graduate Fellowship
A 2012 UMass Boston alumnus and current doctoral student has earned a prestigious fellowship through NASA's Minority University Research and Education Project.
- Australian TV Documents Work of UMass Boston Professor, Students
Professor of Remote Sensing Crystal Schaaf and her team completed two projects this summer, testing tools that create 3-D pictures of forested sites.
- UMass Boston Grad Students, “Candi” Monitor Ecosystems in California, Australia
A UMass Boston team used custom-built devices to measure the effects of radiation, erosion, and carbon in California as part of a research project for the National Science Foundation.
- UMass Boston Professors, Students Watch Launch of Satellite That Will Gather Data for $970K Grant
A group of graduate students from UMass Boston and professors Crystal Schaaf and ZhongPing Lee were in California to watch the launch of a satellite that is churning out data for UMass Boston researchers to use in a project funded by the U.S. Geological Survey.
- UMass Boston Professor Selected for New Landsat Satellite Science Team
Crystal Schaaf joins elite group of scientists.
- EEOS Professor Contributes to NASA Weather Satellite Launch with Earth Observing Instrument Aboard
Professor Crystal Schaaf is a member of the scientific team evaluating the imagery products from NASA's weather satellite for quality.
- NASA Weather Satellite Set to Launch Friday With EEOS Prof. Schaaf’s Research Instrument Aboard
Crystal Schaaf is on her way to Vandenberg AFB to watch the launch of the next-generation NPP weather satellite, which is carrying an instrument she will be using for research.
- EEOS Professor Crystal Schaaf Part of NASA Climate-Change Research Mission
NASA's Cloud Airborne Radiometer recently flew over Bartlett Forest, NH, to acquire data in support of Crystal Schaaf's work.