- Camp Shriver Celebrates 10 Years of Welcoming Children of All Abilities
Camp Shriver, which celebrated its 10th anniversary in a celebration with Special Olympics International Chair Tim Shriver on Tuesday, has served more than 1,000 children from low-income neighborhoods in Boston, Brockton, and Quincy.
- Camp Shriver’s 10th Anniversary Celebration
Together with Tim Shriver, chairman of Special Olympics International, Camp Shriver will honor the legacy of Eunice Kennedy Shriver and 10 years of serving children with and without disabilities.
- UMass Boston Professor on Jobs for Adults With Intellectual Disabilities: ‘Needle Hasn’t Changed’
Professor Gary Siperstein's study, published in the Journal of Vocational Rehabilitation, shows only 34 percent of intellectually disabled adults are employed.
- CSDE Launches the Evaluation of Young Athletes International Program Project
The Evaluation of Young Athletes International Program is a project that will describe the implementation and adaptation of the Young Athletes program in five different nations and examine the benefits and impact of the program on communities, families, and children.
- Shriver and Kennedy Family Members Help with Camp Shriver’s Fifth Summer of Fun and Friendship
Anthony Shriver, founder and chairman of Best Buddies International, and the son of Eunice Kennedy Shriver, visited the last day of Camp Shriver.
- Fifth Annual Camp Shriver To Be Held In Honor of Mrs. Eunice Kennedy Shriver
For a fifth year, the relative quiet of summer will be replaced by the laughter and play of more than 100 local children attending the annual Camp Shriver at UMass Boston.