- New UMass Boston Center Focuses on Employment for People with Intellectual Disabilities
The Rehabilitation Research and Training Center on Advancing Employment for Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities will analyze policies that help people with intellectual and developmental disabilities find quality employment.
- ADA Compliance Changes
Public Safety has increased enforcement to support drop off/pick up areas, fines will increase in January for parking in handicap spots, and more spaces have been added for handicapped placard parking.
- Office of Diversity and Inclusion Welcomes New Director of Diversity and ADA Compliance
Lori Corcoran's expertise is in the areas of disabilities, first year students, persistence/retention, and grants.
- UMass Boston Professor on Jobs for Adults With Intellectual Disabilities: ‘Needle Hasn’t Changed’
Professor Gary Siperstein's study, published in the Journal of Vocational Rehabilitation, shows only 34 percent of intellectually disabled adults are employed.
- CIT Forum: Invisible Disabilities: LD, ADHD, Autism, TBI and Others
Join the Director of the Ross Center and faculty panel for this discussion.
- CSDE Launches the Evaluation of Young Athletes International Program Project
The Evaluation of Young Athletes International Program is a project that will describe the implementation and adaptation of the Young Athletes program in five different nations and examine the benefits and impact of the program on communities, families, and children.
- Exercise and Health Sciences Faculty and Students Help Children with Disabilities at YMCA
Students are participating in All Abilities Active, a physical activity program for children with physical, intellectual, and sensory disabilities.
- ICI Director William Kiernan Speaks before the U.S. Senate
The director of the Institute for Community Inclusion at UMass Boston spoke on a panel before the U.S. Senate's Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee.
- ICI Receives $16.8 Million to Improve Employment Services for People with Disabilities
The Institute for Community Inclusion at UMass Boston was recently awarded a $16.8 million, five-year grant from the U.S. Department of Education.
- International Conference at UMass Boston Spotlights New Paradigm in Preparedness
UMass Boston sponsored an international conference on Rebuilding Sustainable Communities with the Elderly and Disabled People after Disasters in July.
- Shriver and Kennedy Family Members Help with Camp Shriver’s Fifth Summer of Fun and Friendship
Anthony Shriver, founder and chairman of Best Buddies International, and the son of Eunice Kennedy Shriver, visited the last day of Camp Shriver.
- UMass Boston Welcomes Home Veterans, Addresses Veterans’ Issues
Veterans and veterans’ service providers shared experiences, information, and ideas during an afternoon dedicated to student veterans’ issues.
- Gerontology Doctoral Student Receives Prestigious Fellowship
Kim Johnson is the first UMass Boston student to be named a Hartford Doctoral Fellow in Geriatric Social Work.