- SGISD Trains Parents of Children with Autism in Bangladesh
Faculty and students from UMass Boston created a training program for families in Bangladesh who have children with autism.
- UMass Boston Announces Poland Study Tour
UMass Boston will run a study trip to Poland in March 2016.
- ADA Compliance Changes
Public Safety has increased enforcement to support drop off/pick up areas, fines will increase in January for parking in handicap spots, and more spaces have been added for handicapped placard parking.
- UMass Boston Staff Explore Research and Exchange Opportunities in Poland
Disability policy and technology draw visitors' attention
- Pacific VIP Scholar Awarded Blasch Scholarship
UMass Boston Vision Studies scholar from American Samoa receives award
- International Conference at UMass Boston Spotlights New Paradigm in Preparedness
UMass Boston sponsored an international conference on Rebuilding Sustainable Communities with the Elderly and Disabled People after Disasters in July.
- Shriver and Kennedy Family Members Help with Camp Shriver’s Fifth Summer of Fun and Friendship
Anthony Shriver, founder and chairman of Best Buddies International, and the son of Eunice Kennedy Shriver, visited the last day of Camp Shriver.
- UMass Boston Welcomes Home Veterans, Addresses Veterans’ Issues
Veterans and veterans’ service providers shared experiences, information, and ideas during an afternoon dedicated to student veterans’ issues.
- Gerontology Doctoral Student Receives Prestigious Fellowship
Kim Johnson is the first UMass Boston student to be named a Hartford Doctoral Fellow in Geriatric Social Work.