Tag: Documentary Film
- Free Screening of 70 Acres in Chicago and Discussion with Filmmaker Ronit Bezalel
The Department of Public Policy and Public Affairs invites you to a free screening of 70 Acres in Chicago and a discussion with filmmaker Ronit Bezalel.
- Divided We Fall Film Showing
A critical look at the 2011 protests that brought tens of thousands of people into the Wisconsin State Capitol to oppose Governor Scott Walker’s “budget repair bill”
- Barbara Lewis Discusses Birth of a Movement and Film Subject William Monroe Trotter
Barbara Lewis, director of the William Monroe Trotter Institute for the Study of Black Culture, will discuss the PBS documentary Birth of a Movement, which revisits The Birth of a Nation.
- The New Jim Crow: Screening of 13th and Panel Discussion of Michelle Alexander’s Book
UMass Boston professors Marisol Negron, Keith Jones, Tony VanDerMeer, and Joseph Ramsey will take part in a panel discussion following the screening of the movie 13th.
- “Starving the Beast” Documentary Film Screening
This powerful new documentary reveals a nationwide fight for control of the heart, soul, and finances of America’s public universities.
- The Anonymous People
The University Health Services Recovery Support Program and University Health Services are sponsoring a screening of a documentary film about the recovery movement in America, followed by discussion.
- The Anonymous People | Film Screening & Discussion with Bud Mikhitarian
The Anonymous People shines a light on the personal and societal value of recovery through the moving stories of people who have gone public with their recovery.