Tag: Early Education
- UMass Boston Institute for Early Education Leadership and Innovation Awarded $100K Grant
The University of Massachusetts Boston’s Institute for Early Education Leadership and Innovation has been awarded a $100,000 grant by the Boston Foundation, the university announced today.
- UMass Boston Hosts Leadership Forum on Early Education, Launches New Innovation Lab and Accelerator
The accelerator will provide mentoring, networking, and access to capital necessary to start and grow businesses through a cohort-based program.
- UMass Boston’s Anne Douglass to Boston City Council: Early Care Investment Needed
The executive director of UMass Boston’s Institute for Early Education Leadership and Innovation, testified before a Boston City Council committee about the need for quality early care and education and the need to support small child care-related
- Mayor Walsh to Celebrate Graduates of UMass Boston Co-Led Early Education Business Center Saturday
Anne Douglass will be among those meeting with Boston Mayor Marty Walsh on Saturday about a new UMass Boston partnership that’s providing support to predominately women-run early education and care businesses in Roxbury.
- UMass Boston Researchers Evaluating Effectiveness of Massachusetts Preschool Expansion Program
UMass Boston Professors Anne Douglass and Monica Yudron are part of the research team hired to evaluate expanded preschool offerings in Massachusetts.
- New UMass Boston Graduate Program to Support Early Development and Education of Young Children
The PhD in early childhood education and care is one of the first programs in the state to provide a course of study in research, policy, and practice related to the development and education of young children ages birth through five. Applications for fall 2016 admission are due January 15.
- UMass Boston Announces New Leadership Model at Third Annual Early Education Leadership Forum
At the forum, Early Education Research, Policy, and Practice Post Master’s Certificate Program Director Anne Douglass talked about how the program’s success laid the groundwork for UMass Boston’s new PhD in early childhood education. She also announced the development of a new model for leadership.
- New Videos Showcase UMass Boston’s Post Master’s Certificate Program in Early Education
UMass Boston's Post Master’s Certificate Program in Early Education Research, Policy, and Practice has released two new videos to show how their program supports leadership for change from within the early education and care field.
- UMass Boston Leadership Forum on Early Education, Research, Policy, and Practice
Come hear about leadership for change and innovation in early childhood education. Early educators completing the Post Master's Certificate Program will be making presentations, along with Tom Weber.
- UMass Boston Begins Native American Early Childhood Education Scholars Program
The University of Massachusetts Boston is working with regional tribes to increase the number of highly qualified Native American early childhood educators and intervention specialists serving Native children.
- UMass Boston Early Education and Care in Inclusive Settings Team Praised by MA Education Officials
Members of the CEHD's Early Education and Care in Inclusive Settings Program spoke to the board of the state Department of Early Education and Care.