Tag: Economics Department, Grant Award, Institute For New Economic Thinking
- Professor Julie Nelson Will Be Speaking at the Institute for New Economic Thinking in Budapest
UMass Boston Professor Julie A. Nelson will speak at a plenary panel (along with Rob Johnson, Perry Mehrling, Sheila Dow, Sanjay Reddy, Mariana Mazzucato, Gustav Horn, Don Ross, and Philip Mirowski), as well as present at a session on Gender and Economics.
- Professor Yun K. Kim will visit London as EPOG scholar
Professor Yun K. Kim will visit Kinston University in London as a EPOG scholar in this May.
- Socialist Optimism: An Alternative Political Economy for the Twenty-First Century
Dr Paul Auerbach, reader in Economics at Kingston University, will present his new book "Socialist Optimism: An Alternative Political Economy for the Twenty-First Century".
- Gender Equality and Sustainable Development Goals
Upcoming talk by economist and sociologist Diane Elson looks at gender and sustainable development goals
- The Economist Cites Professor Nelson’s work
A recent piece in The Economist magazine discusses Professor Nelson's work in feminist economics.
- Second Acts: From Economics Professor to Aerobics Instructor
A recent retiree from academia discovers new skills and inspiration leading fitness classes.
- Professor Nelson’s Study on Gender and Risk Taking Covered by Wall Street Journal
Professor of Economics Julie Nelson debunks the myth that most women are more risk averse than men.
- Professor Emeritus Arthur MacEwan on Community College Accessibility
Professor Emeritus Arthur MacEwan addresses the possible effects of Obama's tuition-free community college proposal.
- Economics Faculty Receive Equitable Growth Grants
Three faculty from the Department of Economics received grants to study how income inequality affects economic growth.
- Sandwiched Between Aging Parents and Boomerang Kids in Two Cohorts of American Women
Please join us for this Gerontology Institute guest lecture on December 3 at 1 p.m.
- Professor Julie Nelson Delivers Talk in China
Professor Julie Nelson delivers invited talk in China
- Professor Randy Albelda Receives Ford Foundation Grant
Professor Albelda receives grant to research linking youth development with parents’ low-wage work