- Feminist Roadmap for Sustainable Peace Knowledge-building Workshop
The Consortium on Gender, Security and Human Rights, in partnership with the Norwegian Centre for Conflict Resolution (NOREF), held an international knowledge-building workshop on Gender, Public Finance and Peacebuilding in Oslo, Norway
- Chancellor Motley Discusses Boston’s Challenges, Opportunities on BBJ Panel
Chancellor J. Keith Motley joined John Barros, economic development chief for the City of Boston, and Peter Palandjian, chairman and CEO of Intercontinental Real Estate, for a Boston Business Journal panel on the city's economy.
- Climate at a Crossroads: How Can Paris Kickstart a Zero Carbon, Resilient Economy?
Featuring Rachel Kyte, Vice President and Special Envoy for Climate Change, World Bank
- Former Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga Highlights Africa’s Development
Former Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga visited the UMass Boston campus on May 6 to deliver a talk, “The Awakening African Lion,” as part of the Distinguished International Lecture series.
- UMass Boston Minute: David McFarlane on Students and the Innovation Economy
The director of the Entrepreneur Center talks about what it takes to innovate in Boston.
- UMass Boston Researchers Develop New Tool to Measure Elder Economics
"Poverty level" doesn't tell the whole story, so researchers have devised a new way to measure the income older Americans require to meet their needs.