- Trustees Approve New School for the Environment at UMass Boston
The University of Massachusetts Boston today took a major step toward becoming a global leader in environmental research, education, and outreach, with the UMass Board of Trustees’s approval of a new School for the Environment.
- UMass Boston Professors, Students Watch Launch of Satellite That Will Gather Data for $970K Grant
A group of graduate students from UMass Boston and professors Crystal Schaaf and ZhongPing Lee were in California to watch the launch of a satellite that is churning out data for UMass Boston researchers to use in a project funded by the U.S. Geological Survey.
- What Can Australia Tell Us About Boston’s Climate Future? UMass Boston Prof Asks
Professor Allen Gontz spent his sabbatical down under, teaming with the University of Queensland to study how climate change and rising sea levels are affecting the world's coastlines.
- The Living Lab: Students Sought for Semester on Nantucket
This spring, UMass Boston students can study on the living laboratory of Nantucket as part of a semester-long pilot residential program offered through University College.
- EEOS Department Deadline Approaching for Spring 2013 Semester on Nantucket
The Nantucket Environmental Studies Semester, lasting the whole Spring 2013 semester, allows EEOS and biology students to study gain real experience in Nantucket's "Living Lab."
- EEOS Students Bike Toward a More Sustainable Campus
A new student initiative called BUMP!—Bike for University of Massachusetts Power—hopes to use “energy bikes" to produce human-powered electricity.
- EEOS Professor Contributes to NASA Weather Satellite Launch with Earth Observing Instrument Aboard
Professor Crystal Schaaf is a member of the scientific team evaluating the imagery products from NASA's weather satellite for quality.
- NASA Weather Satellite Set to Launch Friday With EEOS Prof. Schaaf’s Research Instrument Aboard
Crystal Schaaf is on her way to Vandenberg AFB to watch the launch of the next-generation NPP weather satellite, which is carrying an instrument she will be using for research.
- EEOS Professor Crystal Schaaf Part of NASA Climate-Change Research Mission
NASA's Cloud Airborne Radiometer recently flew over Bartlett Forest, NH, to acquire data in support of Crystal Schaaf's work.
- Roundtable Discussion with Environmental Protection Directors from Yunnan, China
The International Fund for China's Environment hosted a delegation of environmental directors from the Yunnan province in China.
- UMass Boston Professors Give Teens a Lesson in Protecting the Environment
Professor Anamarija Frankic led a group of teenagers on a canoe trip down the Neponset River, collecting water samples to teach environmental stewardship.
- New Center to Develop “Green-and-White-Collar” Job Training
Professional training in the growing field of green business will be administered through the Center for Sustainable Enterprise and Regional Competitiveness.