Tag: Ellen Douglas
- Extreme Events and Climate Change: What We Know and What We Can Do
Professor of Hydrology Ellen Douglas will discuss observations of our changing climate, what changes may be in Boston’s future, and some plans for how to adapt to these changes.
- UMass Boston Professors Honored with Leventhal Environment Award
Two professors from UMass Boston’s School for the Environment will be honored for their work on the environment tomorrow evening at the sixth annual Norman B. Leventhal Awards for Excellence in City Building.
- UMass Boston Scientists Predict Heat, Sea Level Rise Increase for City of Boston
More severe storms, higher coastal waters, and extreme heat waves are coming to Boston in the near future.
- Hydrologist Douglas Awarded Fulbright to Research Environmental Sustainability in Australia
Water problems will hinder the ability of key countries to produce food and generate energy, posing a risk to global food markets.
- UMass Boston Professor Is Co-author of Report Identifying Risks of Sea Level Rise, Flooding
Ellen Douglas, associate professor of Environment, Earth, and Ocean Sciences at UMass Boston, co-authored the report, Preparing for the Rising Tide, released by the Boston Harbor Association.