- Faculty Research Celebration Highlights Mentorship On Campus
On May 2, Chancellor J. Keith Motley and the Friends of the Library hosted the annual Faculty Research Celebration in the Integrated Sciences Complex.
- Getting to the Point on New England’s Response to Refugee Crises
Join Congressman Seth Moulton and a panel of experts for a conversation on New England's Response to Refugee Crises
- Getting to the Point with Pedro Martínez
Join Red Sox legend Pedro Martínez for this discussion.
- Getting to the Point on Progress in A Divided Government: A Discussion of Lion of the Senate
Featuring Doris Kearns Goodwin, David Nexon, Michael Myers, and Victoria Reggie Kennedy
- Across the Aisle with Governor Charlie Baker
Join Governor Charlie Baker and experts on both sides of the aisle for a discussion on the current state of the opioid epidemic and how we can seek to make a difference.
- Getting to the Point with Senator Elizabeth Warren
Join Senator Elizabeth Warren for a discussion on the state of today's U.S. Senate, and what we can expect this fall.
- CAPS and EMK Institute Offer Professional Development for Teachers
The College of Advancing and Professional Studies will continue its successful collaboration with the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate, hosting a second professional development session for teachers using the innovative Senate Immersion Module (SIM) this August.
- Edward M. Kennedy Institute Welcomes President Barack Obama to Campus March 30
President Barack Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama, and Vice President Joe Biden will attend a dedication ceremony on Monday, March 30 for the new Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate, located on the University of Massachusetts Boston campus.
- Construction Milestones, Challenges this Fall
Although there will be much progress to celebrate in the coming months, the fall semester will also bring significant challenges as the work to enhance the UMass Boston campus with new facilities that will make it an even better place to learn, teach, and work continues.
- Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate Opens
The Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate is designed to convey the history of United States Senate and its role in America's development and governance.
- Preparing to Place ISC Floor Slabs
Crews are wrapping the Integrated Sciences Complex frame to prepare for a concrete placement in the north wing scheduled for the week of February 13, 2012.
- Victoria Reggie Kennedy Speaks on Influencing Public Policy: The Role of Midlife and Older Women
Guest lecture at the JFK Library sponsored by McCormack Graduate School's Gerontology Institute and the Eastern Massachusetts Chapter of OWL (Older Women's League).
- EMK Institute Holds Groundbreaking on UMass Boston Campus
Construction of the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate on the University of Massachusetts Boston campus is under way.
- Graduates Told to Celebrate Diversity, Make a Difference at 42nd Commencement Ceremony
Graduates hailing from as near as Dorchester and as far as Vietnam were told to embrace their diversity and strive to make a difference in their communities.
- U.S. Senate Debate Showcases UMass Boston
UMass Boston hosted the only live televised forum with all three candidates running for Ted Kennedy's Senate seat.