Tag: Emk Institute
- Faculty Research Celebration Highlights Mentorship On Campus
On May 2, Chancellor J. Keith Motley and the Friends of the Library hosted the annual Faculty Research Celebration in the Integrated Sciences Complex.
- Getting to the Point on New England’s Response to Refugee Crises
Join Congressman Seth Moulton and a panel of experts for a conversation on New England's Response to Refugee Crises
- UMass Boston Sponsors Youth Summit at Edward M. Kennedy Institute
The Mobility Project hosts a youth summit focused on economic mobility and educational achievement for metro Boston youth.
- Getting to the Point with Pedro Martínez
Join Red Sox legend Pedro Martínez for this discussion.
- Getting to the Point on Progress in A Divided Government: A Discussion of Lion of the Senate
Featuring Doris Kearns Goodwin, David Nexon, Michael Myers, and Victoria Reggie Kennedy
- City Awake Partners with UMass Boston to Host ‘Our Convention’ at EMK Institute
City Awake, in partnership with UMass Boston and Microsoft, will host the first annual ‘Our Convention’ as part of Boston’s HUBweek. Over 70 organizations with young adult constituencies will convene up to 300 cross-sector leaders to produce a shared civic agenda for Generation Y in Boston.
- Across the Aisle with Governor Charlie Baker
Join Governor Charlie Baker and experts on both sides of the aisle for a discussion on the current state of the opioid epidemic and how we can seek to make a difference.
- Getting to the Point with Senator Elizabeth Warren
Join Senator Elizabeth Warren for a discussion on the state of today's U.S. Senate, and what we can expect this fall.
- Getting to the Point: Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell Speaks at EMK Institute
The Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate invites you to the launch of their public program series, Getting to the Point.
- Edward M. Kennedy Institute Welcomes President Barack Obama to Campus March 30
President Barack Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama, and Vice President Joe Biden will attend a dedication ceremony on Monday, March 30 for the new Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate, located on the University of Massachusetts Boston campus.
- Crews Repair Road Near Archives
The roadway between the Massachusetts State Archives and the JFK Library parking lot will be repaired and repaved on Wednesday, March 25 in preparation for the opening of the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate on Monday, March 30.
- UMass Boston Students Have Second Opportunity To Intern in DC This Summer Through EMK Institute
For the second summer, UMass Boston students will have an opportunity to intern for congressional leaders through the Young Leaders Network, a program offered through the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate, which is located on campus.
- Steel Skeleton Arises at Edward M. Kennedy Site
The steel skeleton of the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate continues to rise above parking lot A. Meanwhile, crews have started installing granite, limestone, and glass on the exterior wall of the Integrated Sciences Complex.
- EMK Institute Holds Groundbreaking on UMass Boston Campus
Construction of the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate on the University of Massachusetts Boston campus is under way.