- Grant to Put UMass Boston Engineers at Forefront of Computing Technology
UMass Boston received a $100,000 grant from UMass President Marty Meehan’s office and the Science and Technology Initiatives Fund to upgrade UMass Boston’s nanofabrication facility and position the school as a research leader in this emerging field.
- Faculty Research Celebration Highlights Mentorship On Campus
On May 2, Chancellor J. Keith Motley and the Friends of the Library hosted the annual Faculty Research Celebration in the Integrated Sciences Complex.
- Nanoparticle Researcher Earns Foresight Fellowship
Kimberly Hamad-Schifferli’s nanoparticle research will create new methods of testing for disease and delivering cancer therapies.
- Professor Matthew Bell Receives NSF Grant
Matthew Bell will further his research into quantum limited amplifiers.
- UMass Boston Faculty Earn Grant for Optical Computing Research
A team of engineers from UMass Boston $25,000 Science and Technology Initiative Grant.
- President Meehan Honors UMass Boston Professors with Tech Development Awards
President Marty Meehan announced that eight UMass technology projects — two of them based at UMass Boston — will receive a total of $215,000.
- Engineering Professor Earns DARPA Award to Investigate Low-Profile Antennas
Profesor KC Kerby-Patel was awarded the 2015 Young Faculty Award (YFA) from DARPA.
- UMass Boston Research Professor Honored by National Academy of Inventors
Richard Soref is a pioneer in photonics technology.
- Green Careers Forum 2015
Meet with employers about green jobs and internships in the Boston area.
- Standing Up for Science Media Workshop
The School for the Environment and the Coasts and Communities IGERT Program are delighted to announce an open workshop for all students & faculty on February 18 9:30am to 4:30pm in the Campus Center.
- Women in Science Club Brings UMass Boston Students to IBM
On Friday, approximately 100 UMass Boston students visited IBM’s Cambridge offices to hear about careers in research, technology and business.
- Glasgow Exchange Students Bring New Perspectives to UMass Boston
Exchange includes 80 students in Boston and Glasgow, Scotland.