- Study Abroad Open House for Entrepreneurship in the U.S. and China
Earn 6 credit in China this summer. Learn more at the open house!
- Study Abroad Open House for China Programs
Learn more about the programs and meet the program directors, Weili Ye and Raymond Liu.
- Parabase Genomics Completes First Close of Series B Financing, Launches South Boston Lab
UMass Boston’s Venture Development Center incubated the biotech company
- Massachusetts Business Development Center Guides 4th Straight MassChallenge Winner
RailPod is the fourth consecutive MSBDC client to win a cash award from the MassChallenge.
- UMass Boston Minute: David McFarlane on Students and the Innovation Economy
The director of the Entrepreneur Center talks about what it takes to innovate in Boston.
- Launch your Sales and Marketing Career in the CLOUD
Join us for the “Sales and Marketing Careers in the CLOUD” Information Session and find more about exciting opportunities in sales and marketing and changes in the SaaS industry.
- UMass Boston Will Host National 2 to10 Leadership Conference
The Entrepreneurship Center at the College of Management will host the 2 to 10 Leadership Conference at UMass Boston in April 2014.
- UMass Boston Faculty Win Creative Economy Grants from President Caret
UMass Boston faculty have received $87,000 from UMass President Robert Caret’s office to bring artistic and entrepreneurship opportunities to UMass Boston students, partners, and the community as a whole.
- Get Info on How You Can Get a Paid Internship
Join the Entrepreneurship Center for a StEP (Student Entrepreneurship Program) Information Session to learn about paid jobs available to you, meet the EC's new director, and learn about a new course.
- Massachusetts Small Business Development Center Client Wins $50,000 from Mass Challenge
UMass Boston MSBDC client wins $50,000 at Mass Challenge with their company Bounce Imaging.
- Management Students Spend Summer Exploring Business Opportunities in China
As part of a University College course, UMass Boston students met with a host of top Chinese business executives during a two-week trip to China.
- Entrepreneurship Center Information Session
Have your own startup or thinking about starting one? Want to start a career with Boston's next crop of up-and-coming startup companies? This event will help you get started.
- College of Management Presents Johnny Cupcakes
Come hear Johnny Earle, aka Johnny Cupcakes, tell the story of how he turned a simple idea into a multimillion-dollar business using nontraditional methods.
- Entrepreneurship Info Session
Learn about entrepreneurship career opportunities and the programs available at UMass Boston to support entrepreneurship career development.
- New Entrepreneurship Course at UMass Boston Provides Workforce Training
Because building a successful startup company requires more than just a good idea, the Entrepreneurship Center is offering a new sales and marketing class this fall.
- UMass Boston Biomimicry Student Deckard Sorensen Wins Venture Competition
Deckard Sorensen took an idea hatched in a biomimicry class taught at UMass Boston last summer and turned it into Namib Beetle Design, a startup company that won top prize at the 2012 Boston College Venture Competition.
- 2012 Business Launch Competition Award Ceremony
Watch as the winner of the Entrepreneurship Center's second-annual Business Launch Competition receives $20,000 in prizes.
- Second Annual Business Launch Competition Offers $22K in Prizes
This year, the winner of the Business Launch Competition will receive $20,000 in prizes, almost double last year’s prize amount. Applications will be accepted through February 28.
- Irish Entrepreneurs Visit VDC
The cofounder of the fastest-growing business website in Ireland was one of eight Irish entrepreneurs to visit UMass Boston's Venture Development Center.
- Regional Global Student Entrepreneur Awards
Watch UMass Boston students Michael Emery and Alex Kreopolides compete against students from three other schools for the chance to move on to the finals.
- UMass Boston Student-run Startups Compete for Money, Expert Help in Launching Businesses
A dozen student-based startup companies are competing in the first ever Business Launch Competition hosted by the College of Management's Entrepreneurship Center.
- CM’s New Entrepreneurship Center to Help Build the Businesses of Tomorrow
UMass Boston's Entrepreneurship Center makes the school a one-stop destination for entrepreneurs looking to take their business concepts from idea to reality.