Tag: Entrepreneurship Center
- Wicked Good Cupcakes’s Dani Vilagie Dishes on ‘Shark Tank,’ Advice for Student Entrepreneurs
On Wednesday, Dani Vilagie shared the story of how she went from her mom’s kitchen to more than $8 million in sales with students in Entrepreneurship Center Director Erin McCormick’s Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Organizations course.
- Shark Tank: Wicked Good Cupcakes
Come hear the behind-the-scenes story of how local entrepreneur, Wicked Good Cupcakes, worked with Shark Tank's Kevin O'Leary to grow their business.
- UMass Boston’s Online Business Bootcamp for Women Starts February 4
Anyone interested in getting results and making an impact in the workplace can sign up for Business Bootcamp for Women right now.
- Women’s Leadership Forum
Join the College of Management for the launch of UMass Boston’s new Women’s Leadership Forum in celebration of Women’s Entrepreneurship Day on November 19.
- Proven Entrepreneur, UMass Boston Alumnus Heading Up Entrepreneurship Center
The 2006 New Hampshire Entrepreneur of the Year and founder of Cedar Point Communications and Bireme Systems, LLC, George Kassas brings to the university more than 30 years experience in the technology, telecom, communications, software applications, analytics, and government affairs sectors.
- Overthink Notes Wins Best Student Startup in 4th Business Launch Competition
A software platform that allows students to take notes, collaborate, and prepare for exams more effectively was chosen as the best student startup in this year's annual Business Launch Competition.
- UMass Boston Minute: David McFarlane on Students and the Innovation Economy
The director of the Entrepreneur Center talks about what it takes to innovate in Boston.
- Launch your Sales and Marketing Career in the CLOUD
Join us for the “Sales and Marketing Careers in the CLOUD” Information Session and find more about exciting opportunities in sales and marketing and changes in the SaaS industry.
- Get Info on How You Can Get a Paid Internship
Join the Entrepreneurship Center for a StEP (Student Entrepreneurship Program) Information Session to learn about paid jobs available to you, meet the EC's new director, and learn about a new course.
- UMass Boston Welcomes New Director for Entrepreneurship Center
The College of Management welcomes David McFarlane as the new Director of the Entrepreneurship Center.
- “Made” for Success: UMass Boston PhD Student Wins Business Launch Competition with Smartphone App
A smartphone app designed by a UMass Boston PhD student and an alumnus won the third annual Business Launch Competition on Tuesday, earning its creators $1,500 and space at the university’s Venture Development Center.
- UMass Boston to Launch Next Big Thing in Business
Six businesses run by UMass Boston students are hoping to join the ranks of eco-friendly surfboard company Green Lightning and picture-sharing social media firm Dpicd as winners of the Entrepreneurship Center’s Business Launch Competition.
- Student Entrepreneur Program Offers Stepping Stone for UMass Boston Interns
The StEP program has placed 100 student interns with startup companies in just four years, and most of those students have become full-time employees.
- Entrepreneurship Center Information Session
Have your own startup or thinking about starting one? Want to start a career with Boston's next crop of up-and-coming startup companies? This event will help you get started.
- Entrepreneurship Info Session
Learn about entrepreneurship career opportunities and the programs available at UMass Boston to support entrepreneurship career development.
- New Entrepreneurship Course at UMass Boston Provides Workforce Training
Because building a successful startup company requires more than just a good idea, the Entrepreneurship Center is offering a new sales and marketing class this fall.
- English Major Wins Second Annual Business Launch Competition
Senior English major Steeve Joazard and his business partner won $20,000 in prizes in the Entrepreneurship Center’s Business Launch Competition. Two nursing students came in second place.
- UMass Boston Welcomes White House Business Council
U.S. Department of Labor Assistant Secretary Jane Oates met with local high-tech and life science executives at UMass Boston's Venture Development Center.
- UMass Boston Hosts White House Business Council Roundtable
U.S. Department of Labor Assistant Secretary Jane Oates and Joanne Goldstein, state secretary of Labor and Workforce Development, visited the VDC July 28.
- Student CEOs Win Cash, Legal Assistance at UMass Boston
Michael Emery and Kevin Schoenthaler are the first winners of the UMass Boston Entrepreneurship Center’s Business Launch Competition.
- CM’s New Entrepreneurship Center to Help Build the Businesses of Tomorrow
UMass Boston's Entrepreneurship Center makes the school a one-stop destination for entrepreneurs looking to take their business concepts from idea to reality.