- Newest Honors College Professor Enjoys Teaching the Small Classes the Honors College Offers
Randy Corpuz is the newest professor to hold a joint appointment with the Honors College.
- School for the Environment Climate Scientists Receive National Award
School for the Environment professors Ellen Douglas and Paul Kirshen and their research team were one of 18 groups nationwide to receive the Federal Highway Administration’s 2017 Environmental Excellence Award, for the Boston Harbor Flood Risk Model.
- UMass Boston Professor Uses NSF Grants to Spark Science Interest in Elementary, High Schools
Second-year professor Tej Delvi and her co-principal investigators applied for and received three different National Science Foundation grants centered on helping teachers teach science.
- Federal Highways Administration Award to Douglas and Kirshen
Recognizing excellence: The Federal Highways Administration awards the School for the Environment the 2017 Environmental Excellence Award.
- DPC and CPC Meeting
This meeting is for the DPC and CPC to have a discussion and Q&A about the DPC and CPC Chair Responsibilities, Academic Personnel Policy Resource Guide, and Organization of Major Files amongst other
- CLA Fall Faculty Reception
Join us as we welcome our new faculty!
- CIT Forum: Structure, Expectations, and Assessment: Impact on Student Retention and Resilience
Join the conversation with faculty about course expectations and considerations for students.
- Performing Arts Professor Rafael Jaen Wins Manning Prize
Assistant Professor of Theatre Arts Rafael Jaen was recently honored as one of five University of Massachusetts faculty to receive the 2017 Manning Prize for Excellence in Teaching.
- Three UMass Boston Faculty Members Honored with Fulbright Awards
Three UMass Boston faculty members have received awards from the Core Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program for 2017-2018: David Timmons, assistant professor of economics, Emilio Sauri, associate professor of English, and Robert Brock, adjunct faculty in the School for the Environment.
- Chancellor Honors Faculty at 2017 Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony
Three UMass Boston professors were honored at the undergraduate commencement ceremony for distinguished teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Associate Professor’s Book on ‘The Human Race Game’ Wins Book Medal
Associate Professor of Human Services Cuf Ferguson has received the bronze Living Now Evergreen Book Medal for his new book, Evolving The Human Race Game: A Spiritual and Soul-Centered Perspective.
- 20th Annual Chancellor’s Years of Service Celebration
This celebration honors those individuals with 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45 and 50 years of service to the University of Massachusetts Boston.
- Professor Julie Nelson Will Be Speaking at the Institute for New Economic Thinking in Budapest
UMass Boston Professor Julie A. Nelson will speak at a plenary panel (along with Rob Johnson, Perry Mehrling, Sheila Dow, Sanjay Reddy, Mariana Mazzucato, Gustav Horn, Don Ross, and Philip Mirowski), as well as present at a session on Gender and Economics.
- Welcome Reception for Faculty of Color
Networking event to connect with junior faculty of color.
- Chancellor’s Awards Highlight Faculty Excellence at 2016 Commencement Ceremony
Three professors win awards for Distinguished Scholarship, Teaching, and Service
- Fulbright-Winning UMass Boston Professor to Work in Tanzania
Assistant Professor Angela Stone-MacDonald has received a Fulbright grant to teach early childhood education in Tanzania this September.
- UMass Boston Costume Design Professor to Receive Lifetime Achievement Award
Rafael Jaen, assistant professor of costume design, will receive the Lifetime Achievement in the Arts Award from Salem State University on Tuesday, May 10.
- Professor Yun K. Kim will visit London as EPOG scholar
Professor Yun K. Kim will visit Kinston University in London as a EPOG scholar in this May.
- Nelson on Economic Ethics
Professor Julie Nelson has a new book chapter on ethics in economics.
- The Teaching Soul: Research and Mentoring
Join Chancellor Motley & the Friends of the Library for the Annual Faculty Research Celebration, which will showcase faculty working with students supported by the Beacons Student Success Fellowship.
- Engineering Professor Earns DARPA Award to Investigate Low-Profile Antennas
Profesor KC Kerby-Patel was awarded the 2015 Young Faculty Award (YFA) from DARPA.
- Office for Faculty Development Celebrates UMass Boston Authors
In the 2014-2015 academic year, 32 UMass Boston faculty members published books or completed major musical compositions. They were honored on Thursday at the third annual Provost’s Book Party.
- 3rd Annual Provost’s Book Party
Join us to celebrate your colleagues' books and major compositions published in the 2014-2015 academic year. Appetizers will be served!
- UMass Boston Celebrates Faculty and Staff for Years of Service
Last year, UMass Boston turned 50. On Wednesday, UMass Boston Chancellor J. Keith Motley and the Human Resources Department honored two people who have worked for UMass Boston for 50 years.
- The Economist Cites Professor Nelson’s work
A recent piece in The Economist magazine discusses Professor Nelson's work in feminist economics.
- Gerontology Faculty Offers Expertise to Legislative Committee on Elder Affairs
Faculty discuss long-term support services, issues of elder health care and caregiving, transportation, income security, and nursing home quality.
- Professor Nelson’s Study on Gender and Risk Taking Covered by Wall Street Journal
Professor of Economics Julie Nelson debunks the myth that most women are more risk averse than men.
- Professor Emeritus Arthur MacEwan on Community College Accessibility
Professor Emeritus Arthur MacEwan addresses the possible effects of Obama's tuition-free community college proposal.
- Student-Athletes Snap Selfies with Professors in “We Are One” Campaign
Beginning this fall, Beacons Athletics will launch a campaign called “We Are One” that highlights the relationships our student-athlete population shares with administration, faculty, and staff.
- Professor Nelson Wins Award for Essay on Place of Care in the Economy
The Independent Social Research Foundation gave Professor Julie Nelson an award for her essay “Husbandry: A (Feminist) Reclamation of Masculine Responsibility for Care."
- Konstantinidis on Greek Crisis
Professor Harry Konstantinidis was recently interviewed on the evolving economic crisis in Greece.
- Law and Society Association Draws Faculty, Students to Seattle
UMass Boston students and faculty attended the annual meeting of the Law and Society Association.
- Faculty News: Economics Department
News from Economics Department faculty
- 2015 Chancellor’s Faculty Research Celebration
Join Chancellor J. Keith Motley and the Friends of the Library at the annual Faculty Research Celebration, featuring professors Miren Uriarte, Tara Parker, and Anne Douglass.
- UMass Boston Turns 50: Past and Future
Distinguished Faculty Lecture, 2014 Commencement
- McCormack Graduate School Community Gathering
Breakfast with the Department of Gerontology
- McCormack Graduate School Community Gathering
Lunch with the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
- McCormack Graduate School Community Gathering
Supper in the Department of Public Policy and Public Affairs
- CM Awards the Betty Diener and the Joan Moon Award for Excellence in Teaching
The College of Management awarded the Betty Diener and the Joan Moon Award at commencement on May 30.
- UMass Boston Biology Professor Receives NSF Career Grant to Study Evolutionary Process
The National Science Foundation has given two UMass Boston biology professors its Early Career Development (CAREER) Award–the most prestigious grant the NSF awards to junior faculty.
- Chemistry Education, Challenged Stereotypes Covered at Annual Faculty Research Celebration
Three faculty members spoke about their community-engaged scholarship, fitting the theme “Made in Boston, Ready for the World,” at the university’s annual Faculty Research Celebration.
- UMass Boston, IBM and Smarter Education
Join us to hear about a new research initiative to advance accessible technology solutions for people with disabilities, low literacy, or novice technology skills, and the elderly
- Chemistry Professor Wins Prestigious Fellowship
Marietta Schwartz, associate dean of the College of Science and Mathematics, will join the Executive Leadership In Academic Technology and Engineering (ELATE) program this fall. The part-time fellowship allows female senior faculty members in STEM to learn skills they need to advance their careers.
- Faculty Forum: Promotion from Associate to Full Professor
Join a faculty panel as they discuss perspective on their decision to seek promotion and the steps they took to follow through.
- Research Computing User’s Group Meeting
Join us to discus support for R and other open source software.
- Friday Writing Retreats
Are you looking for a quiet place away from your office to work on your writing?
- UMass Boston Minute: Kristin Murphy Helps Students Become Great Teachers
New faculty member Kristin Murphy tells us about joining UMass Boston's Department of Curriculum and Instruction.
- Faculty Workshop: Meet i>clicker2
In this workshop, you will explore i>clicker2, the latest i>clicker remote, and learn how it works and how you can use it in your classroom.
- Provost’s Faculty Book Release Party
Join the Office for Faculty Development, Healey Library and your colleagues to celebrate the release of faculty books in 2012-2013
- Junior Faculty Research Seminar Reception
Please join us at the Junior Faculty Research Seminar reception.
- New Faculty Initiative: Engaging Students in Large Classrooms
We are pleased to announce a new faculty initiative for focusing on an issue of growing importance at UMass Boston: Engaging Students in Large Classes
- Publishing Advice Forum for Scholarly Writing
Are you currently working on a book proposal or preparing a book manuscript for publication? Are you close to contacting a publisher and in need of advice about what to expect when you do?
- Assistant Professor Pamela Nadash Awarded GSA Fellowship
Assistant Professor Pam Nadash awarded fellow status by Gerontological Society of America.
- Thank You Club’s Thank You Banquet
Faculty and staff are invited to attend this event, which includes a musical performance by UMass Boston students Zion Rodman and Miguel Fana.
- Three Voices on Community-Engaged Research: Scientia e Praxis
John Saltmarsh will guide participants in an exploration of community-engaged research of interest to both the UMass Boston campus and the local community.
- Faculty on Book Publishing
Join us to hear a panel of faculty members who have recently had their books published by scholarly presses discuss the process.
- CLA Junior Faculty Colloquium: Studying How Babies Learn Words
CLA JFC Presents: Assistant Professor of Psychology Mohinish Shukla
- Venture Development Center Innovation Open House for Faculty
The VDC is a dynamic place, and we hope that you will continue to explore what is happening here in life science, high tech and social ventures. Come explore how you can interact with industry.
- 2012 CIT, Library & Educational Technology Conference: “Transforming Teaching and Learning”
Whether you’ve been working with a variety of approaches to enhance student learning, integrating specific technologies into your teaching, or trying out new ways of assessing work, this is for you.
- Book Release Celebration for Transforming Classroom Culture
Join OFD and CIT to celebrate the release of Transforming Classroom Culture
- Faculty and Staff Thank You Day Celebration
The Thank You Club cordially invites faculty and staff to a Thank You Day Celebration
- Chancellor’s Distinguished Faculty Lecture
Celebrating the Complete Faculty by featuring the recipients of the Chancellor's Distinguished Awards in Teaching, Scholarship, and Service
- Transdisciplinary, Transnational, and Transcultural Research Networking Reception
As part of OITA’s efforts in supporting UMass Boston faculty’s Transdisciplinary, Transnational, and Transcultural (TTT) research, we are hosting a faculty scholarship networking reception.
- Teaching with Technology - Faculty Awards
2011 - Teaching with Technology Award
- Please Welcome Jessie Quintero Johnson to Communication Studies
Jessie Quintero Johnson will be joining the Communication Studies Program as a tenure track assistant professor this fall.