- UMass Boston Marine Science PhD Student Earns $72K Ford Foundation Fellowship
Kelly Luis, a PhD student in marine science and technology in UMass Boston’s School for the Environment and an IGERT fellow, has won a $72,000 Ford Foundation Fellowship, which will allow her to focus on researching the clarity of our ocean waters and her goal of becoming a professor.
- UMass Boston Alumni Work to Identify City’s Economic Mobility Gaps Through Mayor’s Fellowship
The second recipient of the UMass Boston Policy Research Fellowship, Katy Gall ’17, is working in the city's Economic Mobility Lab, assessing the needs of residents.
- Next Stop, State Department: UMass Boston Senior One of 30 to Earn Rangel Graduate Fellowship
Brittany Orange, a senior political science major in the Honors College, is one of 30 nationwide to receive the Charles Rangel Fellowship, a fellowship that paves the way for a career with the U.S. State Department.
- International Education Week: Global Connection Day
Find volunteer, study, internships and more opportunities in locations around the globe! Global Connection Workshops include Study Abroad 101, Resume Writing, and the Peace Corps Prep Program.
- UMass Boston Education Professors Teach in Poland
Gerardo Blanco Ramírez and Ana Solano-Campos, assistant professors in the College of Education and Human Development, taught at the John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin in Poland in May.
- David Matz Fellows Report - Colloquium
2017 Matz Fellowship recipients report on their summer projects funded by this program. Part of the Conflict Resolution Colloquium Series.
- UMass Boston Scientist Receives Harvard University Bullard Fellowship to Study Threatened Hemlocks
Crystal Schaaf is a noted expert on remote sensing.
- UMass Boston Postdoctoral Researcher Works to Save Salamanders from Deadly Fungus
Molly Bletz received a 2017 David H. Smith Conservation Research Fellowship from the Society for Conservation Biology and the Cedar Tree Foundation.
- Master Class with David Matz (exclusively for alumni and students)
Part of the David Matz Fellowship program which celebrates David's legacy and focuses on engaging students and alumni through continuing education, career workshops and student scholarships
- UMass Boston Research Professor Honored by National Academy of Inventors
Richard Soref is a pioneer in photonics technology.
- Peace Corps, School for Global Inclusion and Social Development Announce Fellows Program
The Peace Corps and University of Massachusetts Boston today announced the launch of a new Paul D. Coverdell Fellows Program that will provide graduate school scholarships to returned Peace Corps volunteers.
- UMass Boston and Wipro Team Up to Empower Science Teachers
20 teachers from five school districts joined the professional development program this spring.
- Graduate Student Receives Pre-Doctoral Fellowship from the American Heart Association
College of Nursing and Health Sciences graduate student Jacob Kariuki has earned a selective pre-doctoral fellowship. Kariuki wants to study ways to limit the incidence of metabolic diseases in his native Kenya.
- PhD Student Kenly Hiller Awarded EPA STAR Graduate Fellowship
Kenly Hiller has been awarded a prestigious Environmental Protection Agency STAR Graduate Fellowship.