- Professor Receives Fulbright to Study LGBTQ Mental Health in Colombia, South Africa, Philippines
Sharon Horne, professor of counseling and school psychology and the graduate program director of the Counseling Psychology PhD Program, has received a Fulbright Global Scholar Award for 2018-2019.
- UMass Boston Students Earn Fulbrights to Teach in Colombia, Study in UK
James Nickerson received an English Teaching Assistant award and will be teaching college students in Colombia how to speak English starting in July; Adam Darisse has earned a study/research award that will fund a master’s degree in medieval studies at the University of York in the United Kingdom.
- Get Funded to Learn, Teach, or Conduct Research Overseas: Come Learn About the Fulbright Program
Competitions with fall deadlines are open now, and it's time to get started on your applications, so come to this information session on the Fulbright fellowship program.
- International Education Week: Global Connection Day
Find volunteer, study, internships and more opportunities in locations around the globe! Global Connection Workshops include Study Abroad 101, Resume Writing, and the Peace Corps Prep Program.
- Nursing Professor, Fulbright Specialist Haeok Lee to Provide Cervical Cancer Testing in Malawi
Thanks to support from the Fulbright Specialist Program, Professor of Nursing Haeok Lee is going to Malawi to help implement cervical cancer screening and treatment programs for women in rural Malawi.
- Three UMass Boston Faculty Members Honored with Fulbright Awards
Three UMass Boston faculty members have received awards from the Core Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program for 2017-2018: David Timmons, assistant professor of economics, Emilio Sauri, associate professor of English, and Robert Brock, adjunct faculty in the School for the Environment.
- UMass Boston Alumni Selected for Fulbright Awards
Three UMass Boston alumni will be representing the university abroad this summer as Fulbright recipients.
- Day 3: International Education Week November 16, 2016
Celebrate Day 3 of International Education Week at the Fulbright Funding Info Session
- Fulbright-Winning UMass Boston Professor to Work in Tanzania
Assistant Professor Angela Stone-MacDonald has received a Fulbright grant to teach early childhood education in Tanzania this September.
- 3 UMass Boston Students, 2 Alumni Win Fulbright, Boren Fellowship Awards
Three current UMass Boston students and two alumni have won prestigious international fellowships that begin this summer. Four of the winners received grants through the Fulbright English Teaching Assistant Program; the other was awarded a Boren Fellowship.
- UMass Boston Earns Prestigious Simon Award for Internationalization
One of 4 Institutions Nationwide to Receive Comprehensive Internationalization Award from NAFSA
- UMass Boston Alum, Poet Earns Fulbright Teaching English in Romania
Tara Skurtu ’10 will soon depart for Romania for a Fulbright English Teaching Assistantship at Transylvania University of Brasov.
- UMass Boston Alum Awarded Fulbright to Teach in Colombia
Placidina Fico '15 will spend the next 10 months sharing US language and culture with students in South America
- Keisler is First UMass Boston Prof to Be Named Distinguished Fulbright Chair
Professor of Management Systems Jeffrey Keisler has been awarded the prestigious Fulbright-Aalto University Distinguished Chair position for the 2015-2016 academic year.
- Labor Resource Center Director Receives Fulbright Grant
Susan Moir will travel to India in 2016 and 2017 to study women in the construction industry.
- Growing Fulbright Community at the McCormack Graduate School
Six Fulbright students join the Department of Conflict Resolution, Human Security and Global Governance.
- UMass Boston Professor Wins Fulbright to Research Big Data, Privacy in Austria
Noushin Ashrafi, a professor of management science and information systems, will spend four months at Johannes Kepler University in Linz.
- Hydrologist Douglas Awarded Fulbright to Research Environmental Sustainability in Australia
Water problems will hinder the ability of key countries to produce food and generate energy, posing a risk to global food markets.
- Noushin Ashrafi Selected for Fulbright Specialist Roster
UMass Boston Professor, Noushin Ashrafi, has recently been added to the Fulbright Specialist Roster.
- Conflict Resolution Student Attends Fulbright Conference on Afghan Social Entrepreneurship
Fulbright student Nasir Gord attended recent conference at Miami University.
- China Program Center at UMass Boston Receives Fulbright-Hays Grant
University College at the University of Massachusetts Boston has announced that its China Program Center is the recipient of a Fulbright-Hays grant of more than $100,000 from the U.S. Department of Education.
- UMass Boston Alumna Earns Coveted Fulbright Award
Hamden, Conn. Native, East Boston Resident Will Spend Year Teaching English in Italy
- Fulbright Award Recipient Liz Doles ’07 Captures Sri Lanka through Pinhole Photography
In Colombo, Sri Lanka, UMass Boston alumna Liz Doles is taking in life and landmarks through an unusual lens: her homemade pinhole camera.