- McCormack’s Public Policy Doctoral Student Awarded International Fellowship
Kudos to Ana Maria Sanchez Rodriguez who earned an Inter-American Foundation Grassroots Development Field Research Fellowship.
- Peacebuilding Educator Joins McCormack’s Conflict Resolution Program
Karen Ross focuses on conflict resolution and peacebuilding in Israel and Palestine.
- UMass Boston Wins Role as Team Partner in Global Resilience Challenge
Rockfeller Foundation and USAID choose Center for Governance and Sustainability to research solutions to climate change.
- Guest Lecture: “Measuring the Performance of E-Governance: A Stage Model Approach”
Join us for this McCormack Graduate School special event.
- Professor Jeffrey Pugh: Conflict Transformation Across Borders
New McCormack Grad School professor brings innovative summer program in Ecuador to UMass Boston students.
- Spring 2015 Study Abroad Fair
Spend a semester or summer abroad and earn college credit toward your degree. Come and meet professional study abroad organizations/providers for additional opportunities to study abroad.
- February 2015 Study Abroad 101 Information Session
Get an overview of the financial aspects of study abroad and discover ways to search for your best fit program, eligibility requirements, and the application process and deadlines.
- UMass Boston Student Scholars to Study Culture, History, Leadership in Japan
UMass Boston is one of four universities selected for the TOMODACHI Inouye Scholars Program, designed to educate students in the U.S. about the life and contributions of Senator Inouye and other Japanese Americans.
- Undergraduates Collaborate with Peers in Scotland
Poster session celebrates exchange program with Glasgow Caledonian University.
- The Awakening African Lion
The Office of International and Transnational Affairs is hosting this Distinguished International Lecture Series lecture with his excellency Raila Odinga, former prime minister of Kenya.
- UMass Boston Marks St. Patrick’s Day with New Partnership with the University of Limerick
UMass Boston and the University of Limerick celebrated St. Patrick's Day by signing a memorandum of understanding, formally launching a strategic partnership between the two universities.
- UMass Boston to Finalize Partnership with University of Limerick on St. Patrick’s Day
The University of Massachusetts Boston and the University of Limerick will sign a memorandum of understanding on St. Patrick’s Day to formally launch collaborative programs between the two universities.
- International Fulbright Students Choose McCormack School for Graduate Study
Three students praise the McCormack Graduate School for its supportive faculty, diverse student body, skills-building opportunities, and real-world classroom topics.
- UMass Boston to Explore Partnership with the University of Limerick
The two universities will explore collaborative research projects and work to set up student exchange programs.
- UMass Boston Joins Int’l Team to Collaborate on Qatar Economic Diversification
McCormack Grad School's Tim Shaw earns large grant to help establish Qatar as knowledge-based economy.
- UMass Boston Papers on Sustainable Development Shared with UN Member Countries
Center for Governance and Sustainability publishes issues briefs series on global environmental and sustainable development.
- McCormack Grad School Director Briefs Russian Delegation on Emergency Management
At Boston FEMA event, Professor Awotona shares expertise on post-disaster reconstruction with Russian ministers.
- UMass Boston’s Diversity and Student Outreach Initiatives Studied on a Global Scale
Margaret Fairman, director of the Office of Prospective Students & Scholarship at the University of Queensland, Australia, visited UMass Boston earlier this month to obtain information on programs aimed at recruiting and retaining minority youth.
- Second Day of Global Oceans Conference Highlights Disaster Concerns
Scientists, military and civilian policymakers, and thought leaders are taking part in this first-of-its kind conference at the UMass Boston.
- Board of Higher Education Approves PhD in Global Governance and Human Security
The newly approved program has begun accepting applications and expects to welcome its first cohort of students in September 2012.
- UMass Boston Upward Bound Students Help Build School out of Trash in Guatemala
The Get Fresh Crew will host a performance Friday, Nov. 18 from 4-5 p.m. in the Lipke Auditorium focusing on their recent service trip to Guatemala.
- Trajectories to Sustainability: Balancing People, Planet and Prosperity
The Center for Governance for Governance and Sustainability hosts a round table discussion with authors of the fifth Global Environmental Outlook publication
- The First Global Conference on Oceans, Climate and Security (GC’12)
The University of Massachusetts Boston will host this three-day global conference May 21-23, 2012.
- Nigerian Lawyers and Justices Come to UMass Boston to Explore Concepts of Restorative Justice
Eighteen lawyers and justices in Nigeria spent 10 days at UMass Boston and other locations in Massachusetts learning about restorative justice.
- Battelle and Collaborative Institute for Oceans, Climate, and Security Announce Conference
Battelle and the Collaborative Institute for Oceans, Climate, and Security will host the Global Conference on Oceans, Climate, and Security in May 2012.
- UMass Boston Professor Discusses Governance at U.N. Global Ministerial Environment Forum in Nairobi
Center for Governance and Sustainability Co-director Maria Ivanova was invited to share her expertise at the 26th Session of the Governing Council of the UNEP.
- UMass Boston Professors Teach the Egyptian Uprisings in Real Time
The Political Science Department sponsored a round table discussion, "Understanding Popular Revolt in Tunisia and Egypt," in the wake of the uprisings in Egypt.
- From Trash to Treasure: Upward Bound Students Raise Money to Build School in Guatemala
UMass Boston Upward Bound students will travel to Guatemala during spring break to build a school out of waste.
- New Graduate Programs on the Horizon
UMass Boston's faculty and administration have successfully proposed establishing six new graduate programs.
- Chancellor Delivers Honorary Degree to Buddhist Leader, Cultivates International Ties
Chancellor J. Keith Motley and others from UMass Boston traveled to Tokyo to present an honorary degree to Buddhist leader and scholar Daisaku Ikeda.
- Boston-led Consortium to Meet in Haiti to Plan Rebuild of Higher Education System
UMass Boston and the UMass President’s Office are bringing together a consortium of colleges to support rebuilding and improving higher education in Haiti.