Tag: Global Governance
- 2017 Student Orientation: Conflict Resolution, Int’l Relations and Global Governance/Human Security
For incoming students in the International Relations Master’s Program, the Graduate Programs in Conflict Resolution, and the Global Governance and Human Security PhD Program
- Alumnus Hudson Improves Transboundary Waters Management on a Global Scale
Andrew Hudson has helped develop and initiate signature programs during 19 years at the UN Development Programme's Global Environmental Facility unit in New York.
- McCormack Doctoral Candidate Attends ACUNS Workshop
The workshop aligned with and helped inform research in peacekeeping operations and security in Africa, and global governance in general.
- UMass Boston Represented at UN Summit on Climate Change in Paris
UMass Boston will be represented among the many policymakers, academics, and business leaders in attendance at COP21.
- UMass Boston Hosts Academy of International Business Frontier Conference
Last week, October 22-24, the Organizations and Social Change (OSC) Research Group of the College of Management hosted the Academy of International Business (AIB) US-Northeast Frontier Conference at UMass Boston.
- 2016 Student Orientation: Conflict Resolution, Int’l Relations and Global Governance/Human Security
For incoming students of the International Relations Master’s Program, the Graduate Programs in Conflict Resolution, and the Global Governance and Human Security PhD Program
- UN Assistant Secretary-General Elliott Harris Discusses Environmental Leadership at UMass Boston
McCormack Grad School's Center for Governance and Sustainability celebrated Earth Day with a lecture on environmental leadership.
- Environmental Leadership Across Scales and Geographies: A Perspective from the United Nations
Join us Earth Day lecture by Elliott Harris, assistant secretary-general and director of the New York Office of the UN Environment Programme.
- Peace in Northern Ireland: Dream or Reality?
Professor Breen-Smyth will present a contemporary assessment of the status of the settlement in Northern Ireland in the context of stalemate in the assembly and continuing spoiler violence
- Caring: Prevailing Theme in Conflict Resolution and Global Governance Conference
UMass Boston’s McCormack Graduate School hosts two-day graduate student conference.
- Continuous Collaborations: Faculty and Students Foster and Maintain Engagement
Faculty foster student engagement
- Christiana Figueres Returns to UMass Boston as Commencement Speaker
Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) will be the keynote speaker at the 46th commencement ceremonies at the University of Massachusetts Boston on May 30.
- Three McCormack Faculty Earn Healey Research and Public Service Grants
Professors Ann Bookman, Maria Ivanova, and Courtenay Sprague have earned internal grants to advance their research and service projects.
- UMass Boston’s Professor Ivanova to Advise U.N. Secretary-General on Bridging Science and Policy
McCormack Grad School's Maria Ivanova shares expertise on global governance with United Nations.
- Professor Maria Ivanova Named to New United Nations Board
The co-director of the Center for Governance and Sustainability is one of 26 members of the new Scientific Advisory Board of the UN Secretary-General
- Three McCormack Int’l Relations, Global Governance Scholars Publish Books
Books from Murphy, Parpart, and Shaw include reprints of two classics and a new edited collection on global governance.
- UMass Boston Prof Edits New Book on Regionalisms for Development in Global South
Timothy Shaw, an expert on international political economy, edits a new book on comparative regionalisms
- UMass Boston Fellow Analyzes Proposal for a Public-Private United “Nations”
McCormack Grad School's Harris Gleckman examines options for global governance as presented by the Global Redesign Initiative.
- McCormack Faculty Nominate Environmental Expert as Commencement Speaker, Honorary Degree Recipient
Gus Speth to be honored for his leadership, advocacy work, and commitment to environmental policy, including mentoring the next generation of scholars.
- MGS Center for Governance and Sustainability Hosts Ethiopian Delegation
UMass Boston and Addis Ababa University commit to long-term partnership.
- 2012 Mentoring Staff Award for Graduate Studies Goes to Roni Lipton
Because of her tireless devotion and the excellent mentoring and student support she provides, Lipton received the 2012 UMass Boston Mentoring Staff Award for Graduate Studies.
- Board of Higher Education Approves PhD in Global Governance and Human Security
The newly approved program has begun accepting applications and expects to welcome its first cohort of students in September 2012.