- $2.5M Justice Dept. Grant Will Fund Development of Mentoring for Children of Incarcerated Parents
UMass Boston psychology professor Jean Rhodes received a grant to increase mentor effectiveness for 2 million children with parents in jail, prison, or on parole.
- Prof. Jean Rhodes Awarded Grant to Study the Health Consequences of Hurricane Katrina
A highly competitive, national funding program dedicated to tackling pressing health policy issues has awarded a grant to University of Massachusetts Boston professor Jean Rhodes and a collaborator at Harvard University to study the health consequences of Hurricane Katrina.
- UMass Boston, Roxbury Community College Receive Nearly $300K for New Coaching and Advising Program
UMass Boston and Roxbury Community College (RCC) received a $294,859 grant today, enabling the two campuses to partner on a new coaching and advising program.
- UMass Boston Awarded $3.1 Million to Train a New Generation of Environmental Problem Solvers
UMass Boston was awarded $3.1 million from the National Science Foundation to train a new generation of environmental leaders.
- UMass Boston Early Education and Care in Inclusive Settings Team Praised by MA Education Officials
Members of the CEHD's Early Education and Care in Inclusive Settings Program spoke to the board of the state Department of Early Education and Care.
- ICI Receives $16.8 Million to Improve Employment Services for People with Disabilities
The Institute for Community Inclusion at UMass Boston was recently awarded a $16.8 million, five-year grant from the U.S. Department of Education.