- HarborWalk Section to Close Weekdays for Repairs and Dock Upgrades
The UMass Boston section of the HarborWalk will close on weekdays from 6:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. for approximately two weeks, beginning on Thursday, December 1 and ending Friday, December 16.
- HarborWalk to Close August 29 for Utility Work
The HarborWalk along the UMass Boston campus is expected to be closed on Monday, August 29, as work crews install new utility lines near the Fox Point Dock.
- Mayor Walsh, Community Celebrate Opening of UMass Boston’s Section of HarborWalk
Calling it a neighborhood jewel that will further connect the university to the community, Boston Mayor Marty Walsh joined Chancellor J. Keith Motley, local officials, and community members in celebrating UMass Boston’s newly constructed section of the HarborWalk on Monday.
- New HarborWalk, University Hall Greet Students at UMass Boston
A variety of construction and beautification projects moved forward during the summer.
- Campus Center Circle Shifts
The configuration of the Campus Center circle will change this week as construction moves into the area.
- New Section of HarborWalk Opens at UMass Boston
A newly constructed section of the HarborWalk, between the JFK Library and Museum and Harbor Point Apartments, has opened to the public.
- HarborWalk Work to Start Monday
The construction phase of the HarborWalk Improvements and Shoreline Stabilization project is expected to begin on Monday, July 28. During construction, which is expected to last several months, the HarborWalk will be rerouted via a detour through campus.
- HarborWalk Pedestrian Detour Construction Begins
A new detour route for users of the HarborWalk is being constructed through the campus as a temporary replacement for the HarborWalk, which will be under construction for several months beginning this summer.
- HarborWalk Detour for One Day Only on Nov. 29
Pedestrians, bikers, and joggers using the HarborWalk on Friday, Nov. 29, will be detoured for a few hundred feet onto University Drive near the Massachusetts State Archives, while construction crews work on utility drainage in that area.
- Soil Testing to Close a Section of HarborWalk
The HarborWalk between the JFK Library and Museum and the Harbor Point Apartments will be closed from 6 to 11 a.m. on Friday, April 27 for soil testing.
- Sunflowers for Vincent Makes its Debut at UMass Boston
Last month UMass Boston added the eye-catching bright yellow Sunflowers for Vincent to Arts on the Point, the university’s public arts initiative.