Tag: Healey Library
- Healey Library Launches UMBrella: A One-Stop Search and Discovery Tool
UMBrella, which was launched on January 31, is the latest implementation to the Joseph P. Healey Library’s integrated database system.
- Native American Artwork on Exhibit in Healey Gallery
The Native American Resilience Through Art exhibit opened on February 1 in the Grossman Gallery.
- Healey Library Exterior Stairs to Close for Three Days
The Healey Library’s exterior stairs will be closed for three days beginning Tuesday, June 30; they will reopen on Friday, July 3.
- Technicians Monitoring Healey Library Elevators
During the past months, Healey Library elevators have experienced intermittent outages. Technicians are actively addressing the problems by monitoring the status of the elevators on a daily basis.
- New Exhibit Celebrates Collaboration Between Archaeologists and Tribal Nations
Photos and artifacts are on display in the Healey Library until the end of November.
- Healey Library Roof Replacement and Waterproofing Project Set to Begin
This project will address water infiltration issues that arose during superstorm Sandy by replacing the 11th floor roof and drains, and installing insulation and waterproofing on the roof.
- Quinn Roadway Waterproofing Project is Nearly Complete
The utility plant roof waterproofing near the Healey Library and along the Quinn Roadway is wrapping up, with some final paving and landscaping in progress.
- UMass Boston Archivist’s Arrangement Strikes a Chord with BBC
A simple moment with his children led Dale Freeman to write his children's song “Music Box Ballerina,” which will be used on a BBC program.
- Iwariwë Exhibit Comes to the Healey Library
UMass Boston will house an Iwariwë: The Origin of Fire Amongst Men, an exhibit recounting the arrival of fire among the Yanomami people, through Friday, September 28 on the fifth floor of the Healey Library.
- Bloomberg Trading Room Gives UMass Boston Students a Preview of Wall Street
New College of Management lab at Healey Library features 12 high-tech trading computers for students to sharpen their stock market skills.
- Peace Abbey Archives Now Part of New UMass Boston Center
Items from the Peace Abbey in Sherborn are the foundation for UMass Boston's new Center and Archives for Peace, Social Action, Public Policy, and the Arts, located in Healey Library.
- Mass. Memories Road Show Keeps History Alive
The traveling museum and history project visits communities across Massachusetts to collect photos, stories from the commonwealth's past.
- “Calling the Heart Back Home”: Irish-American Stories from the Archives
Celebrate an exciting addition to the Healey Library's archive: celebrate an exciting new addition to our archival collections: the historic records of the Massachusetts Catholic Order of Foresters.