Tag: Health Disparities
- UMass Boston’s New CNHS Dean Committed to Erasing Health Disparities
Linda Thompson, now the leader of the College of Nursing and Health Sciences, has spent decades researching and working to close race- and class-based disparities in health care.
- The Kresge Foundation: New Directions in Population Health
Join the College of Nursing and Health Sciences as Phyllis Meadows, PhD, MSN, BSN, RN speaks on The Kresge Foundation’s efforts in reducing health disparities by promoting conditions and environments.
- Boston Health Chief Arroyo, Harvard Pilgrim CEO Talk Health Disparities at UMass Boston Panel
Chancellor J. Keith Motley also joined the discussion.
- Gastón Institute at UMass Boston Will Help Latino Communities Navigate Obamacare
The Institute will use a grant from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services grant to educate Spanish and Portuguese speakers about the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- UMass Professor Lee Inducted into the American Academy of Nursing
Induction to the American Academy of Nursing
- New Dean of Nursing and Health Sciences Ready to Listen and Lead
Anahid Kulwicki's background is in health disparities research, which is a burgeoning area of focus for UMass Boston.
- UMass Awarded $6.7 Million Grant to Establish Center for Health Equity Intervention Research
Comprehensive Center of Excellence recognized by National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities