- 13th Annual Athletics Hall of Fame Induction Celebration
Join us as the university celebrates UMass Boston's greatest athletes and inducts the Class of 2015 into the Hall of Fame.
- Beacons Sports: Basketball, Hockey Teams Begin Conference Tournament Play
The UMass Boston men’s hockey team earned a spot in this Saturday’s ECAC East conference semifinals by besting Skidmore College 11-1 over the weekend.
- Beacons Spotlight: Albee Daley Provides Assists On and Off the Ice
Sophomore forward Albee Daley is hoping to provide a spark this Saturday when No. 2 UMass Boston hosts No. 7 Skidmore College at 7 p.m. in the ECAC East quarterfinals.
- Beacons Spotlight: Cappione Boosts Beacons Offensive Attack
Alexa Cappione's defense will be crucial for the women's hockey team as the Beacons approach the final week of the regular season.
- Beacons Sports: Undefeated Men’s Hockey Team to Host 50th Codfish Bowl Tournament
The men's hockey team will host the 50th Annual Codfish Bowl Tournament starting Sunday, while the women's hockey team will host the 8th Annual Codfish Bowl Tournament today.
- Men’s Hockey Team Sets Program Record With No. 5 Ranking in National Poll
On Monday, the University of Massachusetts Boston men’s hockey team received their highest-ever national ranking. The Beacons are No. 5 in the USCHO.com poll, up one spot from last week.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Hockey Advances, Basketball Conference Tourney Starts Tonight
Men’s hockey Head Coach Peter Belisle picked up his 100th win on Saturday as the Beacons trumped No. 6 seed University of New England, 7-2, in the ECAC East playoffs.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Track Stars Win Gold, Hockey Teams Prepare for Playoffs
Hulerie McGuffie earned two gold medals and Renee O'Brien of Stoneham earned one at the Little East Conference/New England Alliance Championship meet on Saturday.
- Beacons Assistant Hockey Coach Heads to Sochi for 2014 Winter Olympics
Molly Schaus says her three years as an assistant hockey coach for the UMass Boston women's hockey team has prepared her for the Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia.
- This Week in Beacons Sports: Track and Field Sets 5 Personal Bests
Four Beacons set personal bests at the Ramapo College Indoor Select in New York City on Saturday. Freshman Christopher Sian-Aguirre posted two career bests for a school total of five.
- This Week in Beacons Sports: Men’s Hockey Earns Highest Ranking in School History
With three wins this week, the UMass Boston’s men’s hockey team (12-1-2) moved up to No. 6 in the D3Hockey.com Top 15 poll and No. 11 in the USCHO.com national poll.
- Beacons Freeze Salem State in Memorable Citi Frozen Fenway Matchup
The University of Massachusetts Boston Beacons braved the frigid 11-degree temperature and defeated the Salem State Vikings 4-2 in front of 1,100 fans at Citi Frozen Fenway on Tuesday.
- This Week in Beacons Sports: Hockey Teams Take Codfish Bowl Tournament
The Beacons enter today's Citi Frozen Fenway contest against Salem State University with a 10-game unbeaten streak.
- 2014 Winter Welcome Week Events: February 1
Go on a ski trip to Pats Peak or cheer on the Beacons.
- 2014 Winter Welcome Week Events: January 31
As Winter Welcome Week nears the end, cheer on the men's hockey team in the Clark Athletic Center.
- Frozen Fenway Tailgate Planned for UMass Boston Freshmen
UMass Boston will take on Salem State University on Tuesday, January 7 in the first 2014 Citi Frozen Fenway in the shadow of the Green Monster.
- Frozen Fenway: Beacons Face Off Against Salem State University
The UMass Boston Beacons will face the Salem State University Vikings on Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 4 p.m. at Fenway Park.
- UMass Boston Minute: Frozen Fenway Coin Toss
The UMass Boston men's ice hockey team will play Salem State at Frozen Fenway on January 7.
- Frozen Fenway Hockey Tickets Now On Sale
UMass Boston men's hockey team got a precursor to their Frozen Fenway game Tuesday afternoon, as members of the Beacons and Salem State University Vikings visited Fenway Park for the official coin flip.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (November 13-November 18)
The UMass Boston volleyball team (24-15) left for Holland, Michigan on Tuesday, taking the next step toward an NCAA title.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (November 7-November 12)
The Beacons (21-15) will face Wellesley College Friday afternoon in the first round of the NCAA tournament following their fifth straight Little East Conference tournament title.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (October 30-November 6)
The No. 1 Beacons take on No. 5 Eastern Connecticut State University at home today at 1:30 p.m. in the Little East Conference tournament semifinals.
- UMass Boston Men’s Ice Hockey Selected for 2014 Citi Frozen Fenway Showcase
The Beacons will face the Salem State University Vikings on Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 4 p.m. at Fenway Park.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (February 25-March 3)
Hockey Teams Close Out Season; Men’s Lacrosse Picks up First Win
- Beacons Hockey Teams Advance to ECAC Semifinals
Both the men's and women's hockey teams will play in the ECAC East tournament semifinals this weekend following big wins in their first-round games.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (Jan. 21-27)
Men’s Hockey Team Earns Highest-Ever Ranking in D3Hockey.com Poll; Personal Bests for Men's and Women's Track and Field
- Beacons to Bleed Blue and Pink for Cancer Research
Sneakers and Suits Game January 26; Pink Game February 9; Pink at the Rink February 15
- Beacons Hockey Team Ranked in National Poll
The UMass Boston men’s hockey team is off to a fast start, and their 7-2-1 record has earned them some national attention. The team is ranked No. 14 in Monday's D3Hockey.com poll.
- Fight Hunger: Athletics Teams Want Your Old Keys
Keys collected around the UMass Boston campus this year will be melted down and sold as scrap metal, with all proceeds going to the U-ACCESS food pantry.
- UMass Boston Senior Receives Prestigious Hockey Award
Senior Jim Ennis is the first hockey player to receive the 2012 Eastern Mass Hockey Officials Association J. Thom Lawler Award in UMass Boston history.
- Office of Community Relations Helps Make Skating Dreams Comes True
UMass Boston's Office of Community Relations arranged for students at Lawrence Family Development Charter School to be able to have an afternoon of skating at the Clark Athletic Center.
- Pink at the Rink Brings in Record Amount of Donations
UMass Boston’s men’s and women’s ice hockey teams collected a record $700 at Saturday’s fifth annual Pink at the Rink fundraiser at the Clark Athletic Center.
- Fourth-Line Freshman to Senior Superstar
After a frustrating year at New England College, hockey player Maria Nasta decided to transfer to UMass Boston and is a three-time All-Conference player.